Got my Extreme Graphics Top Gun...

Heres a shot of the Top gun kit with the 3mm black housing Iceman's LEDS

plate1.jpg

very nice BT. One word of caution since I know you lowered your bike. WATCH out for the bumps. Within a week of having installed mine I hit a big bump and bottomed the tire out on it. Didn't break anything but left a couple 2" long black marks on it
mad.gif

Hey BT, glad second-look worked out for you. I'm still waiting for mine from sylvio/EG.  I was tols 7-10 days.  I ordered it on the 28th, so we are at 12 or 13 days already. Hope it comes in by the weeks end.  
sad.gif
Good luck, bro... Hope all yer stuff is in there when you actually get your order...
rock.gif

very nice BT.  One word of caution since I know you lowered your bike.  WATCH out for the bumps. Within a week of having installed mine I hit a big bump and bottomed the tire out on it. Didn't break anything but left a couple 2" long black marks on it
mad.gif
Actually I've raised 'er back to stock height. I don't really want it lowered for street ridin'. I'd drop it one inch if I had dog bones that would only give a 1" drop but 1-1/2" is a little much for me except on the drag strip (if I ever make it out to the track!
drooling3.gif
).

I'm gettin' with a local machine shop today to see if they are interested in messin' with some pieces I have in mind for the busa. Custom 1" bones are on the list. If I can get true 1" drop bones I'll put 3/4" spacers up front and drop the rear 1" for street. For the track I'll prolly drop it to the middle hole out back and strap the front.

Wow, I said all that just to say this... I shouldn't have to worry about bottomin' out and scuffin' the TG.
wink.gif

damn nice BT i went with another outfit that sold theres on ebay i like the look but predrilled lined up holes would be nice but gave me and the painter a chance to put in some nice hardware to hold the undertail on better then them little plugs

heres a pic of mine in painting stages it's a led setup but in the lens it has GSX and a big red R in the middle looks sweet to bad ya can't see over the paint up job

Tail.JPG

I like Second Look myself. I went to their store front in Citrus Heights, CA when they recovered my seat. Really nice people. They had that Undertail and Hugger on display when I was there. After I get tired of the stock tail, I will upgrade. It's going to look nice on your Busa BT.
cool.gif

damn nice BT i went with another outfit that sold theres on ebay i like the look but predrilled lined up holes would be nice but gave me and the painter a chance to put in some nice hardware to hold the undertail on better then them little plugs

heres a pic of mine in painting stages it's a led setup but in the lens it has GSX and a big red R in the middle looks sweet to bad ya can't see over the paint up job
Yeah, I'm thinkin' about gettin' a little fancy with the mountin' hardware if I can find somethin' I like. Not crazy about goin' with black plastic push in fasteners.
wink.gif

I like Second Look myself.  I went to their store front in Citrus Heights, CA when they recovered my seat.  Really nice people.  They had that Undertail and Hugger on display when I was there.  After I get tired of the stock tail, I will upgrade.  It's going to look nice on your Busa BT.
cool.gif
The only reason I've waited so long to get an aftermarket undertail was because I just really wasn't "taken" by any of them. The Top Gun sort of grew on me, though. I think I'll really like it once I get it installed and get the busa painted.
wink.gif

BT i bought Mounting clips From Lock hart Philips they are similar to how the setup used to attach the side fairing to the upper fairing. (don't know the word for them hope that helps explain) They was about 6 or 8 dollars i think for a set of 6 but there alot bigger then i thought they was gona be they use like a 1/4 in screw. But i used them any how they are Philips head if you saw in the pic we just painted over them my exhaust hides most of them anyway. So wasn't worried about people seeing them i just know them push pins never hold, or ya can't get them in with a after market under tail. But i know with them hefty buggers it's not going anywhere and also they was big and i thought i would need to modify parts to get them to fit but i didn't so it all worked out great i guess another suggestion to get would be the side fairing clips and bolts to mount them with anyway i have rambled enough good luck and have fun and good luck with your shop been seeing the pics looks like some good process i may have some spare plastics to send to ya to have done up

BT i bought Mounting clips From Lock hart Philips they are similar to how the setup used to attach the side fairing to the upper fairing. (don't know the word for them hope that helps explain) They was about 6 or 8 dollars i think for a set of 6 but there alot bigger then i thought they was gona be they use like a 1/4 in screw. But i used them any how they are Philips head if you saw in the pic we just painted over them my exhaust hides most of them anyway. So wasn't worried about people seeing them i just know them push pins never hold, or ya can't get them in with a after market under tail. But i know with them hefty buggers it's not going anywhere and also they was big and i thought i would need to modify parts to get them to fit but i didn't so it all worked out great i guess another suggestion to get would be the side fairing clips and bolts to mount them with anyway i have rambled enough good luck and have fun and good luck with your shop been seeing the pics looks like some good process i may have some spare plastics to send to ya to have done up
Thanks for the ideas.
beerchug.gif

Back