Gas mileage????

Dola225

Registered
What are your guys Busas gettign for miles per gallon??? I am only getting about 23 24.... this seems relatively low. 2004 busa 1005miles 93 octane

How are you riding it? If I cruise in 6th on the highway, I'll see 50 mpg. I think overall if i give the bike a good beating, highway and city, i'll get 30 mpg. A full tank with some cruising and some hard riding will get me like 40 mpg.

what other mods do you have on the bike. I noticed my mileage dropped when I added the GIPro running 5th gear map. I also run 87 octane though. after being remapped with a PC3 I see between 30 to 40 mpg.

How are you riding it?  If I cruise in 6th on the highway, I'll see 50 mpg.  I think overall if i give the bike a good beating, highway and city, i'll get 30 mpg.  A full tank with some cruising and some hard riding will get me like 40 mpg.
+1

I'm the same way, the gas mileage depends on your right wrist

lol1.gif
, my 1st tank full I pulled off 19.2 miles to the gallon

How are you riding it?  If I cruise in 6th on the highway, I'll see 50 mpg.  I think overall if i give the bike a good beating, highway and city, i'll get 30 mpg.  A full tank with some cruising and some hard riding will get me like 40 mpg.
+1

I'm the same way, the gas mileage depends on your right wrist

lol1.gif
, my 1st tank full I pulled off 19.2 miles to the gallon
I wasn't that ballsy with my first tank of gas.
whistling.gif

A stock Busa is designed to run on 87 octane. You will make more power and get better gas mileage if you run the 87. Unless you get into the engine, you should never have to run more than 87, just get it tuned for your mods.

Don

I get about 28 -> 45 depending on how I ride it. My first tank this season I got 28.. lol. I'm up around 37 now. I will relax on the throttle a little more once I get the dust out of it from storage.

I get an AVG of 40 mpg on 93 Oct, Full System , Air box Mod , Tre ,BMC Race Filter , Stock Gearing, & Custom Map from Smithers Customs. I have a problem with a heavy right hand but still get 40 mpg.Dyno & Map might be the best way to go.
thumb_up.gif

bob_a_busa2.jpg

06 with 21,000 miles, mid to high 30s almost always.  I usually run mid grade fuel, 89 octane. Stock except for modded stock pipes that sound GREAT BTW.
clap.gif

laugh.gif

Unless you are running with engine mods, high octane gas is just costing you more money at the pump. 87 is the way to go. I run 87 and get mid to high 30's in town and high 40's on the highway. I have a full system, PCIII, BMC filter. Of course the wrist will play a factor in all MPG ratings. I have 11000 miles on my 05. Been that way since installation of all parts above. When it was stock, those number were high 30's in town and high 40's to low 50's on the highway.

I get average of 35-40 mpg. Jules gets almost 50 mpg with hers (must be nice) but i twist my throttle a little more than she does

I have 605 miles on her with full yoshi and it hasnt changed since it was new. 33-34mpg on 91 octane, thought we had to use high grade, thats what the dealer said, clymer states u.s., CA, and Canada models pump octane 87 or higher

Well I guess I'm one of the lucky ones... @ 500 miles I change the air filter, better sprk plugs and now I run yoshi slip ons and I'm constantly running and average of 55-58 MPG... and i ride it like I stole it....
PS six gears... I dont go past 4 unless i hit over 120...
firedevil.gif

Back