It was like Dejavue all over again ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Well the plan was to head to Shasta Caverns for a day trip with the mrs and the mutt in the Camry. Well Mama-san didn't feel well this a.m.  sooooo I said, ok I'll head out on the scoot. From Chico I headed up into the Sierra's Hwy 32 to Chester to see one of my customers " 3 Bean Coffee House"  truely awesome coffee and they even bought me breakfast!  

One small item however ... on the way up the road was clear and dry but cold even at allmost 10 a.m. I am rollin about 60-70 I guess, no traffic... all is good. THEN, about 1/2 mile before the Butte Meadows turn off the biggest flippin Doe I ever saw trots across the hwy about 50 ft in front of me! No kiddin at the head she was taller than my bike, we were about eye 2 eye... looked like a small elk!  I hit the brakes vere left because she is headed off to my right, my rear brake locks up and the mighty busa gets sideways, I release the rear brake and ease up on the fronts and the bike goes into a wobble head shake...  I ride it out and miss the deer by maybe a foot!  All the while I am thinkin OH NO NOT AGAIN!!! ( just nailed one back in Oct. SEE  :   Deer Hunting with the Busa ...  )  Anyway it was close but no cigar and wieghed on my mind the rest of the day. But I still had fun and managed to see a buck & a half later in the day out on the wide open prarie.

From Chester, I continued on to Susanville and then north up 139 I highly recommend this run if you have the time. Made it up to 299 turned left toward Redding ( which was 108 miles from where I was ... )  Had a late lunch in Burney and mosey'd home down I-5.  TOTAL : 360 miles!

I was near Mt Lassen, Mt. Shasta ... Oregon border wasnt far away. Absolutely beautiful!

April2008rides_071c.jpg

I was on my home Friday night and as I was rounding a curve my headlights fell upon a deer standing in a yard. I slowed down since you never know how they are going to react and that's when I saw six more in the middle of the road. Something needs to be done to get deer out of the roadways
rock.gif

Yes, stupid creatures are everywhere around here. Hunters kill them by the thousands every year but there still thousands more. I particularly dislike the ones that start on the far side of the road and slip & slide all the way across in front of you, then when the're at the other edge and you're gonna miss it, it turns around and starts back.
SHOCKED.gif

Man, that was WAY too close.
wowold.gif
It's hard not to release that rear brake huh? I'm just glad this is an ALMOST hit deer thread.

BE careful bro.
thumb_up.gif

The close call has me a lil edgey for now ... even today as I rode along I couldnt stop scanning the sides of the road. But this feeling will fade until the next episode. Best we can hope for is to have fun, enjoy the ride and hope we dodge the bullet.

Hang in there boyz & grilz
beerchug.gif

April2008rides_056b.jpg

Back