Back from MMI

Mikey D

Registered
Went to a seminar on Dynojet diagnostics & tuning of fuel injected four cylinder motorcycles this past weekend.

I think I've got brain cells leaking out of my ears that were displaced by all of the information I learned.

Disclaimer: I am an Auto Shop Teacher and they did this so we would promote their program. (read bribery) MMI is a money makin organization! Let there be no doubts about that.

However I must say...

Holy Shid!

That place is freakin cool!

They treated us very, very well. I'll try to be consice (sp) about this but like I said, I've got too much info.

To start with they put us up at a really nice hotel (us means another 15 or so shop teachers from across the country). Thursday night was the ice breaker with (believe it or not) an OPEN BAR!

This is Suzie parked outside the hotel. Yes I was worried, but she was just outside the lobby window and the security guard and desk attendent both promised they would watch her.

MMI___Busa_at_hotel.JPG

Friday we got the low down on MMI.

51 weeks to complete the basic course.  7 weeks on motorcycle basics that everone takes.  Then the next 44 on either Hardlye or pick 2 of the 4 big import bike courses.

Yes you can extend and take the second Hardley course (I think it brings you to 63 weeks), and yes you can take all 4 rice bike courses (I think it brings you to 81 weeks)

Basic tuition is around 18K, but they do have financial aid available.  

Classes are 5 hours a day with three class rotations a day.  You can only take 1 rotation and you are expected to hold a part time job.  They have part time job placement assistance and one of the cool things is they have graduate job placement  services that do not go away after you graduate.

What follows is some picts of the facilities, and maybe, if yer lucky, Suzie on a dyno!

More hogs than the Jakes-O-Mine bar!

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: "what me type?"|1083133253 -->

MMI___Rows_of_Bikes___3.JPG

They teased us Friday by takin us into the Dyno room. It had a broken coupleing (sp) so we got to see the guts. It was fixed that day.

They have 3 Bike Dynos in dedicated rooms (35K apiece!) a go-kart/ATC dyno, and a snowmobile dyno.

MMI___Broken_Dyno.JPG

A poor shot of one of the Suzuki shops.  There were several classrooms dedicated to the Suzuki "Fast" program.

Can you guess what that beautiful copper colored bike is?

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083133896 -->

MMI___Suzie_clinic.JPG

Saturday they finally got to the meat. This is one of the Dyon shops. It is primarily sponsored by Suzuki. 750 GSXR's as far as the eye could see!

Yep, all brand new + a fleet of other Suzukies waiting to get flogged on the Dyno!
tounge.gif

MMI___Bikes_in_Dyno_room.JPG

Finally!  We get to roll Suzie up on the Dyno.  this is an inertial dyno, so it really dosen't beat the bike as hsrd as you would expect.  These Dyno's run 12 hours a day (3 classes a day for about 4 hours each class)  The instructor (in 8 years) had only seen one bike explode on the roller.

This nice guy is showing me how to to do it.  It is not easy (at first) to get consistant runs.  Consistancy is the key to getting good/accurate results.

That's me in the middle. Do I look worried?
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083134312 -->

MMI___Setting_Buas_on_dyno.JPG

And finally, I get to run it myself!

Yes this is a posed pict.  No way would they run it with the door open.

I'm gonna take the print outs to school tomorrow and scan them to post em.  Can ya wait for the numbers?

The instructor (one of our board members BTW) Gave me the low down on the TRE (And he gave me a resistor to do it with also!  How cool is that?)

They call it the "pink wire mod" or the "wheelie wire"

Can't wait to install it!

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083134692 -->

MMI___Suzie_n_Mikey_on_Dyno_2.JPG

Back