house update

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
If you remember I bought a new/used house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and it needed some work. I knew it was going to take some time but never did I think it would be this long. At first glance it needed carpet, paint and drywall work. Well it also needed a new back door, roof repair and sub floor work.
I had to have all of the ceiling joints re-taped so in doing so I had all of the texture sanded off, some repairs done, re-taped and primed and painted. I have skylights and one of them had sprung a leak and a big hole through the drywall. I found out when the guys were doing the repairs it was still leaking. Up on the roof I went only to find out that water had gotten under the tar paper and rotted a hole in the roof. I spent all day on the roof in 2 down pours fixing that.
There was a nasty stink when you walked in and I was hoping that it was the old carpet. Nope it was two really bad pet stains that had gotten in to the sub floor. The only way to remove the stink was to remove the wood. Which went under a wall. So I cut out 2 foot sections at a time to replace the 2X4 on the base of the wall and the sub floor under that.
The back door was rotted out in the corners so it had to go. I removed the door only to find more rot under it. So cut out more sub floor. Got that fixed only to find out the original door was just small enough that no doors would fit. So had to open the opening some. Got lucky it was just the siding that needed to be cut.
Painting just plan sucks and I'm still nowhere near done with that.

IMG_1593__Medium_.JPG

sanding the ceilings. Poor guys spent two days just like this.
bowdown.gif

10_23_07_1434.jpg

just another view. time to start moving stuff over and finish the rest of the stuff.

IMG_2172__Medium_.JPG

WOW nice house. I am sure it is even more special knowing that you are a part of making it look like that...
beerchug.gif

WOW nice house. I am sure it is even more special knowing that you are a part of making it look like that...  
beerchug.gif
thanks. Now that it's finally coming together the excitement is coming back. I'm looking forward to the day that it is all done but it has been experience.

I know exactly what you went through.
thumb_up.gif
It's a beautiful place now. Your already glad you did what you had to do. It was worth every sweat.
hello.gif

Congratulations.
beerchug.gif
You truly have a beautiful place. Here's too many good memories
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back