Okay guys, the call has gone out on

OK, I got a PM from Ken. I think he will use the $ donated to buy a tank. Here is a list of the parts he will need. If anyone has these parts in great condition, please post up if you are willing to donate them. On the large items, maybe VMAN1300 can get us some pricing together so we can work on some additional $$$ donations.

*Fairing stay

*RH bar and controls

*left can

*RH inner trim

*mirrors

*nose plastic

*right side plastic

*rear plastic

*full tank of fuel so he can finally ride the busa!
laugh.gif
Hal,
I got the left can and it is nice. It is his,now. Can I give it to someone or what/

Here's a picture of what I did to my fairing the other day...It's at the repair shop right now
I don't feel so bad about this weather now.
Jim

I'm taking a picture of the can, will send it in a few minutes.

Tell me if my 2004 one is the same??? Looks like it to me.

IMG_7855___45.7_kb.JPG

OK to update:

* RH bar and controls

* RH inner plastic

Being sent by PHERCE

* mirrors

being sent by kml

STILL NEED

* fairing stay

* left can

* nose plastic

* right side plastic

* rear plastic

As an update:

Payment Details

Amount: $600.00 USD

Transaction ID: 2BD32854US832381Y

Subject: Busa resurrection!

Ken, This isn't everything,but it is a start! Shawn
I just realized this........most of the old guys are going to remember this one......

600 = 2 x 300!

Coincidence?
Hal,
Will this one do?
The marks are NOT scratches, just where it laid against something. I tried amd they will rub right off with one of the green kitchen cleaning pads. I tried and the next picture will show how it looks after

IMG_7881____50.4_kb.JPG

OK Hal,
Here is a shot after about 30 seconds with the pad. it will clean up fine.
thumb_up.gif

The only question is will it fit It is from a 2004.?
rock.gif
?
I can take it over to Dennis tomorrow if you need me to.
Jim

IMG_7882_Cleaned__112_kb.JPG

I think that is amazing.

Can I buy the left one from you?

Please let me know how much you want, and thats another thing I can scratch off the list.

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
GSXcite @ Mar. 23 2008 said:
1345948[/ATTACH] PM]
OK, I got a PM from Ken. I think he will use the $ donated to buy a tank. Here is a list of the parts he will need. If anyone has these parts in great condition, please post up if you are willing to donate them. On the large items, maybe VMAN1300 can get us some pricing together so we can work on some additional $$$ donations.

*Fairing stay

*RH bar and controls

*left can

*RH inner trim

*mirrors

*nose plastic

*right side plastic

*rear plastic

laugh.gif
Hal,
I got the left can and it is nice. It is his,now. Can I give it to someone or what/

Here's a picture of what I did to my fairing the other day...It's at the repair shop right now
Jim

I hope they don't charge you too much to fix the fairing. If you ever need plastics fixed, let me know. I'll weld them up for you.

zzwhip.gif

Here it is cleaned in about 3 minutes if that much, what do you think?
That one will work great. I sent you a PM with the address. Can you ship it out? If you need help with the cost to ship it I think we have some funds for that, I can check with mc mustang, or I'll paypal it to you.
ThumbsUp.gif

OK here is the update

* right hand bar and controls
* RH inner plastic

donated by PHERCE

* mirrors

donated by kml

* left side can

donated by Hot Rod Harv

Still need

* fairing stay (about $200 new)

* nose plastic (about $300 new)

* right lower plastic (about $450 new)

* rear plastic (cost new ?)

The parts still needed are the expensive parts that will most likely need to be bought new. Lets start on the fairing stay and see if we can get enought donations to cover it. Can anyone help ?

Okay if anyone wants to buy the Buell pegs I have they are brand new. I took them out of the packaging to start modding them but have not begun yet. They have no bushings. If someone wants to buy them for what I paid for them($26 plus shipping), the funds must be directly sent to Ken or the the Paypal account everyone is using. Also I have a set of new in the box Amber front turn signal lenses if you need them also. Pm me if anyone is interested. Later.

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
GSXcite @ Mar. 23 2008 said:
1345990[/ATTACH] PM]

*Fairing stay

*RH bar and controls

*left can

*RH inner trim

*mirrors

*nose plastic

*right side plastic

*rear plastic

laugh.gif
Hal,

Jim

I hope they don't charge you too much to fix the fairing. If you ever need plastics fixed, let me know. I'll weld them up for you.
I hope that my buddy don't charge too much either, but we have been friends for about 30 years, so I trust him totally.
bowdown.gif

He paints all kinds of show cars and hot rods so he is about as good as they come for that.
His latest project was taking two Pinto bodies and sectioning them about a foot out of the middle and putting them back together for a mold, to make a funny car fiberglass body from, for the nostalgic racers.

Oh yeah, and fixing Nick's Busa plastics from doing a burnout the "wrong way", you know, on the side, on the asphalt.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As an update:

Payment Details

I just realized this........most of the old guys are going to remember this one......

600 = 2 x 300!

Coincidence?
Ken,
I will try to get the left can out to you tomorrow morning.
ThumbsUp.gif

How do they do the customs part??

I have your address, so that is where I will ship it to.

I will get back to you as soon as it leaves.
I just ordered a plastic repair kit from Canada, and it took about 10 days to get here.

Enjoy, and you owe me a beer when I see you. Fair enough?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Jim

IMG_7884____92.2_kb.JPG

As an update:

Payment Details

600 = 2 x 300!

Coincidence?
Ken,
I will try to get the left can out to you tomorrow morning.
ThumbsUp.gif

How do they do the customs part??

I have your address, so that is where I will ship it to.

I will get back to you as soon as it leaves.
I just ordered a plastic repair kit from Canada, and it took about 10 days to get here.

Enjoy, and you owe me a beer when I see you. Fair enough?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Jim
I bought 4 dozen beer a few months ago, for some guys that were coming out to show me how to run the tig, but they never showed up, so there is still allot of it left. My casa is sou casa.

Anytime ANYONE is out this way, please stop in.

Please let me pay shipping, and if you want money for the can, let me know how much. Thank you so much. The best way to ship is USPS into Canada, couriers across the border are stupid expensive, and slow. USPS has never let me down.

Again, thank you very much.

Can you believe no one caught the 300 reference?
blush.gif

That's why we "pay it foward"..  You might do the same one day for one of us.  There are probably people that need it more, but there is nothing I love to see more than a guy go from parting out his bike, to rebuilding it (we will expect pictures of the final product and you with a goofy grin in the pic).  
beerchug.gif

Good luck, and keep us updated with what you need so you don't end up with 22 stock right cans and 14 windscreens sitting at your doorstep one day
smile.gif
Ok Sir- I was thinking of you when I went looking for this picture. There are ZERO pics of me online.

Here is your goofy face picture, actually if you look close enough, it looks like a fly went up my nose.

This is at For MacMurray Alberta, I took my son there last year and we took a ton of pictures.

Please be gentle with the photochopping lol.

IMG_0284small.jpg

Okay so far I am selling my Buell pegs to TruWrecks and he is sending monies directly to Ken to help out. We should all have this bike back in tip top shape real quick like!! Enjoy. Later.

Back