Pacific Northwest

That sucks !! What year and what got scratched up ?

But thats why bikes don't belong on trailers!
poke.gif

Don't feel too bad stkflkr. It does suck though. I dropped mine in my garage this weekend. A few scratches and hurt pride were the only damage. A buffer, polishing compound and some time will fix the scratches.

There are two kind of bikes. Those that have gone down, and those that will. At least neither of us did it while riding (BTDT). That hurts much worse.

I also have the get a shot of the running light mod I did to the front blinkers.

I've been playing with my 650 thumper for the last couple of days. It's been a real blast. It doesn't have near the get up and go of the Busa, but it is fun in it's own right. It's a lot lighter and more nimble than the Busa. I'm thinking I'll put Supermoto tires on it for the summer, and street knobbies for the fall and winter.

super motos are fun and hard to keep up with . I riode with a friend that has one and he was up front all day on the twisties.

I'm thinking maybe one day I'll actually be able to come home and you know... like... ride the bike that I pretty much own and have already sunk over 2 grand into without ever having seen it. I'm going batsh*t crazy being here away from home!!!

They are hard to beat in the corners, but the Busa will walk right over it as soon as I exit the corners.

I have officially relegated the Busa to be a pleasure bike. I will use the DS for commuting and running errands to the store. The Busa will come out and play for group and weekend joy rides. I want the Busa miles to be pure enjoyment, not traffic duty.
beerchug.gif

They are hard to beat in the corners, but the Busa will walk right over it as soon as I exit the corners.

I have officially relegated the Busa to be a pleasure bike.  I will use the DS for commuting and running errands to the store.  The Busa will come out and play for group and weekend joy rides.  I want the Busa miles to be pure enjoyment, not traffic duty.
beerchug.gif
Trust me I know about the straights . But those bikes are great in the corners.

I'm thinking maybe one day I'll actually be able to come home and you know... like... ride the bike that I pretty much own and have already sunk over 2 grand into without ever having seen it. I'm going batsh*t crazy being here away from home!!!
Maybe someday you can ride with us ... you know when you acually get to see your bike ! You are going to be too busy installing new stuff to ride anyway .
laugh.gif
Well my daughter should be over there by now . She deployed two days ago .

She'll be gone 15 months . She has only been in 1 1/2 years and put her E-4 on already . She went to nco school and graduated top 20% ( made comadonts list ) . She loves it , shes alot like me !

Well she's already ahead of me. I made E-4 in around 2 years... got lazy... never went to WLC (Warrior Leaders Course = PLDC now) for awhile. Finally went at the tail end of '06 (I joined in October '02). Made Commandant's List, 9th in a class of I think close to 100. Now I'm a Corporal Promotable, and just waiting on points to come down a little or for me to make enough points to make my Sergeant E-5. I've been taking my time, making sure I'm prepared for everything that being an NCO entails, although as a Corporal (E-4), I'm nothing but an underpaid E-5 doing the same work.

Back