Man I'm pi$$ed...............!!!!!&#

boosted

Registered
Just finished my 08 turbo project and I noticed my clutch fluid being a little low. So no problem, I'll add a little. Well in the process of adding a little I spilt a little under the clutch handle and it ran down a seam and I proceeded to wipe it off. Well evidently some got under the seam and after my ride today I noticed this. I didn't know brakefluid eats away plastic.{i do now}
08busa011.jpg

I would not imagine it would do that much damage in such a short time

I quit pouring brake fluid a long time ago... I have an endless supply of 10cc syringes... never misses a drop (and on the rear master that is a chore) I will bring a pile of them to the bash for anyone that wants a few for home...

also find it unlikely that happened in just a few minutes or even an hour..

It happened over about 5-6 days time. I still can't believe it. My dealership is going to try to warranty it if not I'm going to have to buy a new nose piece
firedevil.gif

Man, sorry to hear! I hope you can get it warrantied.

I quit pouring brake fluid a long time ago... I have an endless supply of 10cc syringes... never misses a drop (and on the rear master that is a chore) I will bring a pile of them to the bash for anyone that wants a few for home...

That'll be awesome, Randy!

Too bad I don't have one now - I'm installing my SS lines. Good think I have the rear cowl off - I can get to the rear MC easily.

That'll be awesome, Randy!

Too bad I don't have one now - I'm installing my SS lines. Good think I have the rear cowl off - I can get to the rear MC easily.
send me your address, you will have them Wednesday
smile.gif

Brake fluid attacks plastic instantly...I dripped a couple drops on my FJ1200 and it cracked the plastic instantly...I also learned the hard way.

Jim

wow! I had no idea brake fluid would do that! Sorry to see it must up your plastic but thanks for the heads up!
thumb_up.gif

Back