New HPC hugger came in...

Don't know if it make a difference, but mine also has the carbon fiber inlay.

5.JPG

I had received the 1st one for test fitting on 2/20/08 . This was the orginal that caused all the shipments to be delayed a really hope they got them all fixed. This was real bad it was actually touching the tire and the chain guard was crooked. I had to flex the huugger so hard to make the bolts line up I thought it was going to snap. I should have mine back tommorrow an I'm
please.gif
that they got it right this time.

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

Not trying to hijack the thread, but has anyone installed the HPC undertail? It just arrived today and the directions were kind of vague...but I am not very mechanically inclined
sadnews.gif
Just curious if there is any cutting involved?

Guys, Extreme Graphics is standing behind every part they made. Everyone will be happy with the end result. No worries, we handle our business the right way. Even though they are eating a little mud with this fit issue they want to forge forward and not hide under the deck like some companies do.
thumb_up.gif

Mine looks the same. I put it on with the bike on the stand and it was even across. When I got to work I noticed the offset. Not as bad but still offset. Let me know what they say.
I got a voicemail from Tara at HPC, they are sending a new one out tomorrow to me.. They aren't even making me ship the old one back..

Gonna put the old one in my garage, cause it just looks cool.

None the less, HPC has been great, props to them..

My carbon fiber hugger on my '01 model fit the same way, almost touching the tire on the right and 1/2" clearance on the left. I wonder if it has something to due with the swingarm design...are they the same type of swingarm of is the K8 different?
dunno.gif

Talked to the boys up north. Was told they changed the mold to fix the problem. They are going to ship me out a new one and said to do what I wanted with the old. Sell it, keep it and try to fix it or just throw it away. Don't think you could ask for better service. They made a mistake and are doing everything they can to take care of it.

Why in Sam's hell would they not try installing these on an 08' model before hitting the market?

I'm sure they made a mold and based it off that. it seems like the issue is with the carbon fiber ones.

Mine is one whole color and is a perfect fit.

It may seem odd, even funny, or ridiculous, but my EG hugger for my 03 wouldn't stay in place and would slide on the right arm after each ride. I used a piece of velcro, one side stuck to the arm one side stuck to the hugger. It's still completely removable, but stays in place and the velcro is undetectable. It's very difficult to make a mold that just clips over something and have it stay in place.......OK, laught and point away.
beerchug.gif

Back