why do you ride????

Well my wife got tired of me buging to ride her all the time she mad me get a bike and said atleast this way i wont have anyother children that she would in the long run have to pay for no j/k
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Hello Brenda, thank you for having me in the group, I too am an adrenalin addict. Please help me....
firedevil.gif
Welcome to the group.
Unfortunately, there is no help. And no 12 steps.
You just need to embrace your addiction.

It's SO much easier.
ThumbsUp.gif
SSHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRREEEEE....WE DO !!!

Step One: I'm powerless over my Hayabusa my life isn't all that unmanageable.

Step Two: Came to believe a power greater than myself (i.e. Las Vegas Metro Police Dept., "GOD", Nevada Highway Patrol) could restore me to "sanity"...but why would they
rock.gif
?

Step Three: Made a decision to turn my will, and my life over to a power greater than myself.....and I do daily in Las Vegas freeway traffic (.i.e "When" to brake and "when" to accelerate around some of these dingdongs)
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

etc...etc...etc....my name is Spudley, and I suffer from Hayabusa-ism......

I rode on the back of my brother's old Suzuki YEARS ago when I was about four or five....and never have forgotten how hanging on, and the rumble of that machine made me feel.....by the way I haven't forgotten how that old helmet felt and smelled either...kind of like Homer Simpson and "donuts...."mmmmmm...stanky".....

homer_donut.gif

super.gif

super.gif

null
No seat belt law
rofl.gif

Honestly, I've always had a fascination with things that go fast since I was 5 yrs old. My dad brought me to your local race track then for my first car race, stuck like glue. Anything with two or four wheels that goes fast and makes noise,I'm there.  Now a days it's one of the most easily accessible and affordable forms of freedom for me, or should I say - ways to distort the laws of physics without getting in to much trouble.  I ride to stay young and the freedom, that and no seat belt law
rofl.gif

At my local track ready to push off, I'm still going 44+ years later.
Mymaster

what does a guy have to do to get some seat time in one of those cars?  

I think Hal has some time around these too  
smile.gif
 I would love to get some laps in
Own one

Know someone that owns one and crazy enough to let you drive it, their only 1300 - 1400 pounds with driver at 750 - 850hp

Or go to a school....
http://www.google.com/search?....tPage=1

Alissa Geving, at the time a 16yr old female.
http://www.google.com/search?....tPage=1

Sorry for tread jack

laptop___ram_062.jpg

rofl.gif

I thought I was the only one who daydreamed all week at work about the weekend ride.... anyway, I love the open road and the freedom... and the heads that turn while Im on the busa. I started at 14 on dirt with a suzuki rm-125, then at 22 went street with a new Katana 750. After a year of that I went to the 07 Blue Busa, I dont think I will upgrade to another bike for a while.. These are great! I am now out of college and in the real world and I have decided that I m an addict to riding on the weekends....especially the BUSA.

Man & machine. No phone, no radio, no GPS. I tune in the exhaust note & feel the vibes. I know which way the sun rises & sets & where the north star is. I normally choose a direction not a destination. Rarely group ride & never 2 up. Maybe see ya at the next fuel stop.

True story, I was on the Plaza one night, this was back in 86 I believe, a couple of Asian gentle man were riding on one those horse drawn buggies, when they stopped and the lady driver said they wanted to know if they could take a few shots of me and my bike, (86 Ninja 1000r black limited), I said sure, after my photoshoot they told me they were the engineers that designed my bike. How cool was that? They took some photos with me. I always wondered if I was on a bill board somewhere in Japan, smiling on the Plaza.
thumb_up.gif

i ride 'cause it's just me and my machine out there. sure there are cars and such, but the solitude it brings me cant compare. then there's the feeling of serenity, and also being one with my surroundings. it's all encompassing like yin and yan, i guess it balances me.

No seat belt law
rofl.gif

Honestly, I've always had a fascination with things that go fast since I was 5 yrs old. My dad brought me to your local race track then for my first car race, stuck like glue. Anything with two or four wheels that goes fast and makes noise,I'm there.  Now a days it's one of the most easily accessible and affordable forms of freedom for me, or should I say - ways to distort the laws of physics without getting in to much trouble.  I ride to stay young and the freedom, that and no seat belt law
rofl.gif

At my local track ready to push off, I'm still going 44+ years later.
Mymaster

what does a guy have to do to get some seat time in one of those cars?  

I think Hal has some time around these too  
smile.gif
 I would love to get some laps in
Lincoln Park west of Indy use to have deal like the Petty driving experiance but with sprint cars.Don't know if they still do or not.Putnam county off highway 40.

rofl.gif

Hi. My name is Wag and I'm an adrenaline junkie too. I have NO intention of recovering!

Not only is riding cheap therapy but it's cheap religion, too! Trust me, it's REALLY cheap religion! Nothing better than being in a mountain road on the Busa and seeing the beauty of the earth and feeling the thrill of the adrenaline at the same time you heal your spirit.

I've seen more beauty on the back of the motorcycle than by any other means. If I lose everything else in the world and can keep my wife and my bike, I'll be a happy camper. Nothing better than sharing this experience with my soul mate.

I live to ride but I also ride to live.

--Wag--

at first i thought it might be to corney to start this thread but after reading thru everybodys reply's im glad i started it. I really enjoy hearing people's story's about how they started and why they ride, rather in a parking lot somewhere or on this forum i enjoy talking to other motorcyclist. keep the storys coming. btw im thinking about bikes the weather man is saying 67 degree's tomorrow.

Hi.  My name is Wag and I'm an adrenaline junkie too.  I have NO intention of recovering!

Not only is riding cheap therapy but it's cheap religion, too!  Trust me, it's REALLY cheap religion!  Nothing better than being in a mountain road on the Busa and seeing the beauty of the earth and feeling the thrill of the adrenaline at the same time you heal your spirit.

I've seen more beauty on the back of the motorcycle than by any other means.  If I lose everything else in the world and can keep my wife and my bike, I'll be a happy camper.  Nothing better than sharing this experience with my soul mate.

I live to ride but I also ride to live.

--Wag--
When we used to do a lot of Sunday rides, I always said that was my "church". We road north of Tampa, on country roads. We saw horses, cows, lots of fields, smelled the fresh mowed alfalfa feilds, the orange trees in bloom, the blue skies, with the sun cutting through the trees... can't get any closer to "god" than that.
ThumbsUp.gif

When I was a little kid, my dad had an old suzuki sitting in the driveway.. it sat there for three years before he gave me a tune up and took me on my first ride. I was infatuated.. fell in love with bikes. All through High School i begged him to let me get a small displacement sport bike.. he never would.. said i could buy one myself.. then when I had the money.. he said I couldn't buy one if i lived under his roof.. so i joined the marine Corps.. and here I am.. 23 and riding a 'Busa.. good times to be had!

My obsession started on a PW50 when I was 5 then grew. Now that I'm older I have narrowed down a few good reasons for riding. #1 Adrenaline #2 quickest way thru town (even the fastest cages can't skip past a line of cars to the light) #3 Chicks dig bikes #4 NOTHING feels as nice as a warm summer day with the wind in the helmet.

Riding is a religious experience. Also addictive, I went without for 2 years once. Hardest 2 years in my life!

Riding is even more enjoyable when, like Wag said, you can share it with your soulmate. My wife rides too, and she is an excellent two up passenger.

Eureka_44.jpg

My wife on her bike. Like I said, this has become a lifestyle rather than just a hobby, and I couldnt be happier.

Juli_s_first_ride_005.jpg

Never in a million years did I think I would be riding my own bike. When I first met GSXTacy, he was an avid rider and I supported him 175% whenever he wanted to join a group ride or, cruise around with me on board. He was actually the one who convinced me to taking the safety course. Now, during the spring and summer months, we spend MORE time than ever riding and I share the adrenaline and excitement of riding with him

Back