Well I got her off of the stand today!! PICS

Rich

Registered
Here are some more pics that I have taken. I got her off of the stand today (after 3 months of being on it). I got the swingarm and rims back the other day and had to make some axle adjusters. So I got that put together tonight. I am just have some problems starting her. Has not been started in 4 months. I installed the PCIIIr and that might have something to do with it. So I disconnected the pc and it still would not start. So I took out the spark plugs and they were black as could be. I am not sure what the problem would be. I have teh MPS airshifter/scorpio alarm (with the kill box) so I hooked the alarm up to make sure that was not the problem. Still nothing. It is getting gas, you can smell it. So I am hoping that it is the plugs. What do you guys think.

bike_progress_040416.JPG

Looks great, Rich! Hope you fix your starting problems quickly!

possibly... one thing that you should check is to see if it's getting any spark. there are two ways of doing this, one of which costs money if you don't have the equipment, and the other one you must be either crazy or have a large set of brass ones (like thats a problem, look at the bike that you ride
wink.gif
). The first way is to take the plug wire off and stick a screw driver in it and place it near (within 1/8th") of the frame or something else that has a chassis ground and have a buddy, or yourself if you feel so inclined, try to crank the motor and look for a spark, this is best done when there is dim lighting to make seeing the spark easier . the second way is to get a spark tester like the one on page 163 of this .pdf from cornwell tools Cornwell tools catalog

Here is another. I just went out and set the throttle position. When I go to start the bike "FI" blinks in clock slot!! So I have to figure out what that is!

bike_progress_040416_1.JPG

Here is another. I am trying to look on the pc website to see if the problem is linked to the pc.

bike_progress_040416_2.JPG

Another, I am going to unhook the pc and see if the fi still shows up on the screen tomorrow after work.

bike_progress_040416_4.JPG

I told someone that I would post a close up of the gauges, so if you check out the post here you go.

bike_progress_040416_5.JPG

Damn after checking the pics out I really need clean the chrome, and reroute the rear brake line.

Thanks for the compliments BS. I will get it fixed, there is no doubt about that. I would like to be riding in a week.

Racrguy. I am going to check that tomorrow as well. I am going to buy new spark plugs anyways. Since I have the bike torn down. But like I said it is flashing "FI" in the clock when turned on. So I am going to get a hold of Johnny Cheese and see if he has run into this before. Thanks for the help.

I'm not too knowledgeable about bikes but I am very much so about cars, usually when a Fuel Injected car wont' start it'll usually throw a code so if you can get the bike running with just the plug change and it still flashes the FI after you get it running, unplug the positive battery terminal and either let it sit for about an hour or so, or touch the positive side to a ground and work one of the brakes (something that will normally turn the brake light on) about 5 or 6 times to completely drain the electrical system which will erase the codes. after you get the battery hooked back up start the bike and let it run for a few, if no codes are thrown then go for a ride, if that goes fine then you have found the problem. Hope I was some help, I don't yet have a 'Busa but I will soon (if everything goes right)

<!--EDIT|racrguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082184646 -->

Cool thanks for the info. What year and color are you looking at getting?? Also is there not a way to check and see what is wrong, by that I mean if there is a code then turn the key on and off 3 or 4 times and it will flash a code at you. I know that cars are like that but are bikes?? I am going to try all of the mentioned stuff tomorrow after work.

none of the cars I've ever heard of or worked on were like that, most of the time it would just throw a code and turn the check engine light on, then you would have to either find out what was wrong the old fashioned way and then clear the code the way I mentioned before, or take it to the stealer and have them scanned using the OBDII connector found on most newer cars, that service alone would cost $60+ but now thanks to autozone theyll do it for free. I would like an all black SE but I don't believe they make them anymore. I don't buy used vehicles so my next choice would be the Black/Purple

my friend had the same problem on his RSV and it was the plugs
some how the got dirty over the winter and when he went to start it the thing wouldn't start.
he cleaned the plugs and bam! it started

another thing to check is see the alarm system set up.
i had a car and installed an alarm and the thing killed my fuel ( i know you smell fuel but it might not be getting were its sussposed to right).
check maybe some were along the line somthing is interfering.
i dont know and im not a mec but i speak from experience.
BTW is the gas your using fresh?
if not that might be a problem.
sh*t i dont know im just trin to help

hope you get it

This is going to sound silly but also check the air temp sensor in the air box. If it's unplugged you get the same effects. At least I did.

By the way let me know what you find out Im going thru the same thing.

JD

I will let you guys know when I find out. I am going to change the plugs when I get home off of work. I put fresh gas in it yesterday. I will check the alarm. I might end up disconnecting it and checking that out. Thanks for the info.

Back