Gear Indicator with Built in Shft and Launch Light

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
I am getting real excited, i have been building these for the past year but with wiring all the LED's together inside the enclosure etc, they are a huge PITA to do, I am finally getting some PCB's done which should make them much more manageable to do.

Gear Indicator is Green
Launch Light can be blue or red (only active with clutch pulled in)
Shift Light can be blue or red (obviously not the same color as launch light)

Adjustable from 3000-15,700 RPM for both launch and shift. Launch has an upper window thats programmable as well so if you rev too high on the starting line it goes back off.

Also serves like a standard TRE, i have to modify the gear position sensor to output to the gear indicator.

Im thinking of seeing if the sticker guy can make up a nice little face plate for the front that has 1-6 on it for gear positions at night, or maybe making the last 2 LED's light up when in 6th gear, something to that effect.

You can use this setup to de-activate NOS in 1st gear etc that type of thing are some of the options.

3dmodelassembled.jpg

3dmodelpcbaord.jpg

shiftlight%20005_0003.jpg

View attachment 1300638

Lookin' good. What are you going to be charging for these units. I'm looking into a Gipro, and possibly one of these units.

I want to see how the assembly of it goes with the PCB, in the past i was charging $150 for gear indicator / shift light / tre. $175 if including launch light. Adding a launch light now doesn't require any more labor to speak of, but now i have more in parts due to PCB's etc and i am not buying many as this isn't something i build all the time.

Depending on interest i might be able to discount a small batch of them to try and get more out there and awareness, but i was greatly underpaying myself in the past for the amount of labor they required, i am hoping the new design will level that for me LOL.

I have to mod the gps sensor out of your bike, or can supply one with a core charge, i am sending out 4 gps sensors for cores today and I think that exhausts my supply, i can supply a brand new sensor for $50 being bought from a dealer, and could do a core on that as well if people dont want to send theirs in first.

Options available on this (extra charge)
autoshift output (use the shift light to trigger an existing air shifter to shift)
gear based activation (use this to de-activate NOS in 1st gear for example)

I recently installed the smithabusa laucng/shift light. I have to highly recommend Greg's products, the quality of his products are second to none. Greg also does what it takes to make things right if there is a problem. Case in point he thought I was not happy with the led color and offered to replace with another color. But what he sent worked out better than expected and I told him I was happy. The shift light has "reminded" me on a couple of occasions to shift while I keep my eyes on the track. And the launch light helps in making a launchs less hectic, great product.

His instructions are accurate, detailed and he answers PM's quickly.

rock.gif
I don't know if this is a stupid question or not. Can you get one of these w/o the tre option. I'd like this but don't want tre
rock.gif

rock.gif

sorry i can't, in order to ground things like LEDs through the sensor it upsets the signal to the ECU and i have to wire in 1 resistance value.

sadnews.gif
 ummm, how does this differ (if at all) from what NARider has on his Gixxer? I feel like I'm not understanding or missing something and you know me, I want to know everything!  
laugh.gif

Deb

On the oustide not much difference other than LEDs wont need LEd holders, on the inside very different, but same function, just easier for me to build and much faster and a better product.

Its put together now, the first one anyway, I need to make a fixture for the LED's, so they all are exactly the same length out of the PCB so when i bend them on a 90 they stick the same out of each hole, this is close to what i want, but not quite there, have to play some more this week.

Launch
DSC_0238-1.jpg

Shift
DSC_0239.jpg

5th gear
DSC_0240.jpg

Under the hood
lol1.gif

DSC_0241.jpg

OIC, circuit board instead of hardwired. Good thinking!  
thumb_up.gif

This may be a premature thought as I haven't had time to get the background to see if I'm "getting it" but... with the cracking of the ECU and people like DaveO reprogramming them, it sounded to me like the can programitically lift the speed restriction via the ECU. If that's the case and that were done, wouldn't one be able to use the stock GPS, no TRE and be able to use your lanch/shift/gear ind?

Or am I just reading too much into it? Or is that wishing for too much?!

(can you tell I want your gear indicator without a TRE?)

Deb

sorry it cant be done this way witout me wiring it like a TRE, no way around it using this type of activation from the gps, i have to pull the resistors out of there so the gears dont feed multiple LED's etc.

OIC, circuit board instead of hardwired. Good thinking!  
thumb_up.gif

This may be a premature thought as I haven't had time to get the background to see if I'm "getting it" but... with the cracking of the ECU and people like DaveO reprogramming them, it sounded to me like the can programitically lift the speed restriction via the ECU. If that's the case and that were done, wouldn't one be able to use the stock GPS, no TRE and be able to use your lanch/shift/gear ind?

Or am I just reading too much into it? Or is that wishing for too much?!

(can you tell I want your gear indicator without a TRE?)

Deb
What Dave-o does is changes the RPM limit in the ECU . This doen't let you go past the restriction in 6th gear. You need a TRE or GPS mod to fool the bike to thinking its not in 6th. The GPS mod is the better way in my opinion.

Back