Head...Going....To....Implode

Altec

Registered
If I don't ride soon, I think I'm going to do something uncontrollable and drastic. I don't know what, but each day that passes the urge grows.

Pretty soon I might find myself sitting in the garage on the running bike just to feel it idle.

I used to love winter. Well I still do kinda. I like winter if there is snow. If its just cold and crappy, then its pointless and a waste of a day that I could have ridden. Overall it hasn't been too bad temperature wise by mid-to-late afternoon, but when I leave for work at 6am and its only 20some-to-35'ish degrees, there is no way I'm commuting on the bike.

I think I'll go uncover the bike and sit in the garage and stare at it for a while.
sad.gif

laugh.gif
I rolled out yesterday and did some miles at 28 degrees.... only thing cold....fingers..

cool.gif
move to texas!!

BUT, in june/july when ya'll are oh so comfortable, we'll be sweatin our juevos off in 100+ heat!!

Soooooo, is it wrong to sit in the garage on a running bike? DAMN---I didn't know that. I've got a new '08 with ZERO miles just waiting to run. Unfortunately the wind, snow, ice, freezing rain have kept her garaged! So, YEP--I start her up and sit on her in the garage. Wifey thinks I'm nuts---but she just doesn't understand!!!!
deadhorse.gif

Soooooo, is it wrong to sit in the garage on a running bike?  DAMN---I didn't know that.  I've got a new '08 with ZERO miles just waiting to run.  Unfortunately the wind, snow, ice, freezing rain have kept her garaged!  So, YEP--I start her up and sit on her in the garage.  Wifey thinks I'm nuts---but she just doesn't understand!!!!
deadhorse.gif
laugh.gif
They don't understand, do they?

If I don't ride soon, I think I'm going to do something uncontrollable and drastic.  I don't know what, but each day that passes the urge grows.

Pretty soon I might find myself sitting in the garage on the running bike just to feel it idle.

I used to love winter.  Well I still do kinda.  I like winter if there is snow.  If its just cold and crappy, then its pointless and a waste of a day that I could have ridden.  Overall it hasn't been too bad temperature wise by mid-to-late afternoon, but when I leave for work at 6am and its only 20some-to-35'ish degrees, there is no way I'm commuting on the bike.

I think I'll go uncover the bike and sit in the garage and stare at it for a while.
sad.gif
I stared @mine for 5 hrs last nite.....24" of ice & snow here!! My wife kno
ws I'm crazy!

Just back in from a ride. Little chilly here today as well at 60 degrees. I had fun anyway.
firedevil.gif

my bike is tore apart and somewhere else but i go in the garage and wipe down my plastics every other day.

my wife thinks im crazy to.
argue.gif

We rode about 100 miles north yesterday.. exploring some back roads of Mississippi... it was 58 when we left the house and 48 when we got to where we were going. I was freezing..... so we turned around and came back to the beach.... Beautiful blue skies all day though.. just wish I had known the temp was gonna drop that much... I woulda been prepared for it.

I don't know what to say to all of you Yankees sitting in snow and ice.... Hurricanes suck, but they come and go in a few hours time.. and then we are BACK TO RIDING AGAIN. (Heck I rode a day or two after Katrina becasue my bike was the only thing that would fit through the roads with all of the debris and trees every where)

Back