Power Commander (Dyno Jet) Shifter

tray

Registered
Thinking of put a shifter on my bike not sure to use air or electric but i see power commander has one at a nice price. I want to know if anyone has installed one and how well it working.or if anyone has suggetion on a shifter.

IM005285.jpg

The Power Commander shifter only provides the "kill cycle" it does not move the shifter itself like air or electric shifters.

(i've Dynojet's QuickShifter , very suitable price and i'm very happy with it)

I have a pingel full electric (shift up and down) I would considering parting with for a good price. It was used for about 8 races. I don't think I'm going to be racing any time soon so let me know if interested. I may have lost the little bracket that mounts to the shift arm but should be cheap from pingel, or easy to make if i can't find it.

Shoot me a PM if you want more info or pics.

I've got the quickshifter too and abolutely love it. Full throttle clutchless upshifts. It works by killing the ignition momentarily in order for the engine to unload and for you to get the bike into the next gear. I only use for upshifts and not down the gearbox. I've set mine to a 55 millisecond kill time and for the unit to only work above 2200 rpm. Of course, I use mine for a roadracing type of application.

Because I'm using for the GSXR1000, I have to use an ignition module, along with the QS and PCIIIUSB, because I've got secondary injectors on my bike.

I use the GP style shifting (1 up, 5 down) so I use the Dynojet QS "PULL." The "PUSH" is for standard shifting.

I would personally go with the electric unless I was running NOS. They make a unit that has shift points also, kinda like having an automatic tranny once you launch ...........................

i am runnig nos so should i go with dnyo jet quick shifter and not electric or what the diffrence.

Tray,

What is your main use for the bike? Mostly street or mostly racing?

If all race a simple air setup should be just fine. Electric is great for the street b/c there is no refilling and you can downshift with it.

I wired into my horn button on the bike to use the "kill" feature with my PCIIIusb--- didn't have to buy the shift kill unit that dynojet sells--- only had to wire into the proper wiring on the PCIII and install a toggle switch to flip for "horn" feature or "killswitch" feature.... whichever way I have the toggle switch flipped, the button does that function//// you have to manually change the gear still with your foot, but it does kill the engine long enough to "unload" the tranny so that you can do full throttle shifts without it being so hard on the tranny as it would be doing the old-fashioned power shifting...
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

firebug,

I do both 25%race and 75%street. like the track but i like to ride it to.

pm with your price

Back