Hayabusa Tank Bra fitting problems K8

Let me ask a question: What is the point in having the bra?

Is it to protect a part of the tank that you're never even going to see? To keep it clean so when you sell it the next owner they have a clean tank while you've been riding around with an ugly bra that could even possibly discolor your tank if left out in the outdoor environment too often? I just don't see the point in covering up the beautiful clean paint of the tank in the attempt to keep it clean if you're never going to see it anyway.

Let me ask a question: What is the point in having the bra?

Is it to protect a part of the tank that you're never even going to see? To keep it clean so when you sell it the next owner they have a clean tank while you've been riding around with an ugly bra that could even possibly discolor your tank if left out in the outdoor environment too often? I just don't see the point in covering up the beautiful clean paint of the tank in the attempt to keep it clean if you're never going to see it anyway.
You know the more I look at the pictures of my bike with and without the bra the more I am starting to agree with you.

suzuki_hayabusa_6g1.jpg

of course it looks better without the bra the thing is if you scratch the tank then your mood is really screwed up when you knew you could of protected it somehow!!Tan k pads dont protect it enough,the tank bra also keeps the legs a little warmer on those chilly days

IF I had any color other than the black and gray I probably would not put one on, but it's not bad with it and it does protect the tank without the stick on protectors and it protects much more than just the belt area.

Midlife III, The bra has only been on the bike for about 3 weeks and the bike stays inside.

I need to ride her more, 3 mos old and only 720 miles on her..

Well I just got done trying to put the bra on and get the new wrinkles out!! I give up and I am not going to put it on at all.. It looked a little better but I really can not stand any wrinkles. It is out of here. I am going to look at the stick on protectors next.

i personaly would not put it on if i had the orange/black or blue/black or the white,it only looks good on the grey/black to my opinion

here it is mounted on my grey/black

14022008038.jpg

photo number 2...damn wrinkles still in there,thank god it was a sunny day today and i managed to take it for a short trip

14022008039.jpg

Well I just got done trying to put the bra on and get the new wrinkles out!! I give up and I am not going to put it on at all.. It looked a little better but I really can not stand any wrinkles. It is out of here. I am going to look at the stick on protectors next.
did new wrinkles appear on yours again while trying to fit it again??

tank bra kind of makes it dull now that i look at it....if those wrinkles dont disappear i will get rid of it

Clipboard01.jpg

Yes they were new wrinkles. The old ones did not come back and I tried for a couple of hours to get rid of the new ones. I think that the one Tobin makes seems to fit a lot better and you can have what ever you want stitched on it. There are a few but I think you could work them out..

100_0025.jpg

does anyone know if there is a plain black or orange color for the 08 or is there only the carbon fiber bra out there? That's the only one I could so far in my hunt...

thanks all

I have small ones on mine, but I will take it outside and let it sit in 100 degree weather for some time and see if that helps.

Back