Muffler cloth tape on the headers

better
jump9.gif

you do need to be careful not to overwrap the header... you can get too much insulation and it will trash the pipes pretty quickly... The metal becomes brittle and will split and crack (turbo head pipes are really a problem)

sure glad the TiForce has separate head pipes....

i used 2" and over lapped about 1". is this cool
I found the 1" went around the bends nicely...didnt think the 2" would be as neat, I was wrong, looks great

definitely didnt get the real estate coverage you got... 15 ft left over.. wow... I did the recommended 1/4" over lap and had just enough at 12 1/2 " lengths

Ok, I finally got around to finishing this up.  Just a tip.  Wrap on tube as I have shown starting at the bottom, then use a longer length of wrap to wrap the outer tube overlapping the beginning, but starting further back.  This way you need less clamps.  I also started at the bottom so that the overlaps were wouldn't hold water, if that makes sense.  You don't need much water, just string the wrap through a bucket like you're doing paper mache.

I used 2" wide tape and the inner pipes used 11 feet, the outer used 12 feet.  Next time I would buy a 50 foot roll, and cut two 11 foot and two 13 foot pieces.

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

Back