Me keeping everybody updated

BigmanZ

Registered
So I figured instead of forgetting in 3 or so months, and to give me one hell of a reason to frequent the board more often, that I'd give updates every now and then. Probably the easiest way is to merely edit this top post, but either way I gotta keep track somehow and keep myself on course.
So here is goes:

01/14/08 :
For the first time ever I can see the outline where my abs 'should' be. I'm being optimistic with this and not assuming that my fat has firmed up and is playing tricks on me. Here's to hoping that I can pull off a 6-pack someday over my Family-pack that I currently have.

You might also try inserting pics of the progress. Makes it easier to see and understand than just the description. Besides, you know we'll keep you motivated!
laugh.gif

You might also try inserting pics of the progress.  Makes it easier to see and understand than just the description.  Besides, you know we'll keep you motivated!
laugh.gif
I would, but I have allready made a commitment that I would show my pic at the end of the 3 months....and I can't break a promise.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Didn't see your ticker the first time. That'll definitely help. When did you start?

Good luck bro! I should be dieting... Shid, I WAS, even had a thread on it... Then my friend who was helping me disappeared, and the holidays... And my back... And any other excuse I can think of that happened that I can put in place of my having low willpower. Yeah... Fug it. I'm back on as of tomorrow. Back on with eating healthy, and getting my cardio back up. Makes me wonder, if I stuck with it from my first post, I'd probably be somewhere close to 300 also (I'm 350-ish now) Thanks for the unintentional motivation!

Didn't see your ticker the first time.  That'll definitely help.  When did you start?
Technically around April of last year. Started out by just cutting off all soda and fast food for a month. Then started with light working out on my own to get down alittle more. Wasn't sure how healthy I was so didn't want to do any heavy running for fear of my heart going on strike. Then about July or so I joined Bally Fitness, was sitting at 305. Just last month finally broke the 300 mark, so next mark for me is 275. Then it will be 250, the lowest I ever got during highschool. Then 245.

And here's the only real pics I have of me. me in Disneyland before I started dieting and then one of me on my bike before I joined up with Bally
View attachment 1267614

There, now this post is no longer useless.
tounge.gif

BigmanZ congrats man.

Knowledge is power when it comes to this stuff. I have learned allot reading everything I can find. Keep up with the workouts and the most important part the diet. Start adding heavy weights to your workout muscle speed metabolism. It will make you hungry enough to actually eat all 6 times a day like your supposed to. It is a much needed break if you alternate it with cardio days. I prefer two a days but I try and make my cardio fun like basketball or something. I do have the days where I just put on the ipod and take off running in one direction for 30 min then try to make it back faster then I went out. Stick with it and you will be running circles around those boys during that firefighter test.
thumb_up.gif

Thats great dude. Keep going Bruddah.

Me...I just put 4 corn dogs in the oven. I'm having a smoke,drinking a beer,and sipping on a little Sambuka waitin' for 'em to cook.

I'm not worried thou...I'm pretty sure I can still take the House Mouse in a fight.

Ok,ok,not totally sure. me>
boxing.gif
<her

RSD.

Allright, a picture update.
First set of pics I took were at 325, this is me still sitting at 295. Read an article about full body workouts and how lifting machines were isolating muscles and effectively working your body in unnatural ways...so I dropped doing benchpress and am now doing push-ups, dropped preacher curl machine to switch over to full dumbell curls...and sure as **** I'm building muscle. So I give it a week or two, again
sad.gif
, for muscle growth and if I'm not losing weight then I re-evaluate my eating and workouts. Next picture set will be at 275!

325vs295.jpg

Keep it up, bro, and you'll get to your goal! Looking good so far.

keep it up.. I know its hard work.. i lost 50 lb last year i was 240. now im 180. Im only 5'5.. Now in to my 3 rd week of P90X work out.. trying to get ripped for bike week...lol. Keep up the Good work..
muscle.gif

Woohoo I can now do 7 perfect pushups! I feel so pathetic. :/

On the upside I'm thinking about training for this
The Big Climb
might keep me motivated, knowing that I have something that is going to test me. Don't know yet though, gonna make the decision next month based on my fitness level.

Back