Steering stabilizers GPR or SCOTTS

drvmustangs

Registered
race.gif
<span style='color:blue'></span> All right you busa heads what is your opinions on a steering stabilizer. I like the GPR and the SCOTTS. I like the adjustable on the fly.  
argue.gif

I'm assuming you don't like the one that's already on the bike from the factory?

I took mine off and changed the thin oil for 90 weight gear oil. Works like a champ.

Check the DIY forum, there is a nice tutorial linked there that shows how to do it.

Welcome to the .org!
beerchug.gif

Charles,
The oil change makes that much of a difference. I put 80W in mine and next to it a stocker feels sloppy even sitting still.

Don

drv- I have a black GPR coming Tuesday. Some pics when it's on.....

why waste the money on a steering dampner... having tank slappers?? stock one works just fine on my 05....

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 29 2007,18:47) why waste the money on a steering dampner...
I'm financially wreckless anyway............and it might look cool
biggrin.gif

why waste the money on a steering dampner... having tank slappers?? stock one works just fine on my 05.... [/Quote]

+1

This may not fit in with the topic too much but, I've used the scotts on the dirt bike for about 8 years and would never ride without one again. Probb. makes more of a diff. off road but I'am going to try the 90w mod on the stock one first.When the front end gets light when it comes down they shake a little sometimes, anything would help. The scotts has low and high speed adj. and a sweep adj.Not too sure about the gpr.

The Texas group got together last July and we changed out the damper 5 wt oil for the 90 wt stuff. Cheap fairly quick works great---unless you want the bling!

2007_137_x.jpg

Back