My illegal license plate bracket...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I know...I've already checked with a cop friend, and what I've done is illegal, but I didn't pay all that money for an undertail only to screw it up with a plate...

Enjoy the pics...might not have all the mods some of you guys have, but damn, that's a pretty Busa!
tounge.gif

Let's enjoy the entire bike first, shall we?  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "had to downsize pic...too blurry"|1081518626 -->

License_plate_mod1_small.JPG

Another...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "downsized pic..."|1081520114 -->

License_plate_mod2.JPG

The bike is looking good. The plate is in plain view so why would the be illegal? I'm sure you'll be ok unless the cop just feels like being a jurk.
mad.gif

Last one...I swapped out the clear lens covers on my undertail for red and amber ones...since I'm keeping the amber front signal covers, I'm happy with the overall look...
smile.gif

License_plate_mod5.JPG

It's illegal in VA because it's not mounted horizontally...plus, there's no light to illuminate it at night...I'll just duct tape a flash light there!
laugh.gif

Lookin' good, Michelle! I'll be puttin' my undertail on in the next week and am not sure how to mount the license plate. I will probably mount it underneath to prevent any hassles, but I don't want to take away from the clean look of the undertail. Guess I'll figure it out real soon! Thanks for the pics!

Lookin' good, Michelle!  I'll be puttin' my undertail on in the next week and am not sure how to mount the license plate.  I will probably mount it underneath to prevent any hassles, but I don't want to take away from the clean look of the undertail.  Guess I'll figure it out real soon!  Thanks for the pics!
If it makes you feel any better, the cop I asked said he can't see pulling someone over for that, even though it is incorrectly mounted, but one never knows...

I've had a vertical plate mount on my Harley for years; hubby has his mounted the same on his Harley and we've never been stopped...

My husband fabricated the bracket to fit in there snuggly. It's a close fit, but I haven't had any trouble...the bracket is solid and doesn't budge...the undertail kits are so damn pricey and change the looks of the bike so much, a plate will just mess it up...

Good luck figuring something out! This mod took more time than mounting the undertail!
smile.gif

I need to figure it out quickly because I have to have the plate mounted to ride the bike on military installations. I may go with a vertical mount and see what they say. I hate having to make this decision.

I need to figure it out quickly because I have to have the plate mounted to ride the bike on military installations.  I may go with a vertical mount and see what they say.  I hate having to make this decision.
Can you ask someone on base if it'll be allowed? If not, stick it on the back of your coat!
tounge.gif

Seriously, I hope you figure it out quickly because mounting it under the undertail isn't going to be easy either...at least with mine, it looked nearly impossible. My tire might hit it because the bike's been lowered, and the curve of my undertail would require a hefty sized bracket to hang down...

You Go Girl!! Looks great! Did you do the installation yourself or did you take it to a shop??? Busie looks FAB!!!!

LoBusa

I need to figure it out quickly because I have to have the plate mounted to ride the bike on military installations.  I may go with a vertical mount and see what they say.  I hate having to make this decision.
Can you ask someone on base if it'll be allowed?  If not, stick it on the back of your coat!  
tounge.gif

Seriously, I hope you figure it out quickly because mounting it under the undertail isn't going to be easy either...at least with mine, it looked nearly impossible.  My tire might hit it because the bike's been lowered, and the curve of my undertail would require a hefty sized bracket to hang down...
I've got the TG undertail and hugger and haven't lowered the bike any yet. I think there would be enough room if I lowered it, though. I'm going to check on the state and federal requirements today.

Looks good. And I agree about not screwing up the nice painted undertail. I made my own bracket so my plate is horizontal, but still no light. I'm just going to take my chances. If I get pulled I get pulled. Oh yea, and THAT bike certainly makes your azz look fast.
biggrin.gif

if ya cant make one, get one from Guy.... http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1984421&showprevnext=1

Back