Frame Slider Install 1/21/08 Step By Step Pics

b-eezy86

Registered
I know most riders are afraid to cut a hole in the side farings on their busa but its not as difficult as you think. If you have the most basic skills with power tools you can do it. trust me. im 21 years old with little experience with cars or bikes and i did it in about 2 hours. Here are the pics and step by step instructions...

<a href="http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/superhotplayboy/?action=view&current=IMG_2343.jpg" target="_blank">
IMG_2343.jpg
</a

1.Remove the Fairing(remove one side at a time)You only have to take enough bolts out to reach and remove the engine mount bolt with the allen key.

IMG_2325.jpg

2.Insert the frame slider bolt(dont put it in all the way, leave it out far enough to touch the inside of the side fairing when you put it back on)Put the side plastic back on the back. Replace a few of the bolts to make sure the faring is lined up correctly

3.For the right side...Grab a rubber mallet or hammer and a cloth. Gently tap the plastic in the area that the bolt is touching and the paint will buckle just enough to see where the spot is......
and on the left side......
You can take the faring back off and find the indention left in the foam in the inside of the fairing. I dont know if you can see the indention with the flash on my camera but its there.

IMG_2344.jpg

5.replace the faring and all bolts to make sure it is lined up correctly and aslo screw in the slider bolt through the whole to make sure the hole is lined up also.
IMG_2334.jpg

6.Make the hole bigger, just big enough for the end of the frame slider to fit. Then screw the bolt in through the slider. Trace a circle around the slider and remove it.
IMG_2337.jpg

I have a aftermarket undertail on the way and i also plan on stripping the paint from the lips of my rims this weekend. will post pics...

Not a bad walkthrough, but I would recommend making the hole a bit bigger than the slider to compensate for vibration while riding. For an added touch you can put some moulding around the edges to clean it up or a computer desk hole grommet.

Nice job thanks for the info almost have the courage to try it now. Have fun on the Rims I m doing mine now rear was a PITA but it looks awesome.

Great step by step. Where were you when I did mine!!
I actually used a laser pointer. I put my bike on the rearstand so she was straight up. I then removed my fairing and pointed a laser pointer at the center of the engine mount bolt.(secured the laser with a clap so it would not move). I then re-installed the fairing only with the two main bolts and marked my pilot hole (where the laser was pointing to). Then I used a drill with the hole cutting blade like you used to drill my hole. I did make the hole slightly larger than the slide. It came out great but I then bought chrome spiked sliders that were larger than my original sliders and had to use my dremel tool to ream out the hole. I was a little worried but took my time and it came out great.
Thanks for sharing,
Shawn

Great step by step. Where were you when I did mine!!  
I actually used a laser pointer. I put my bike on the rearstand so she was straight up. I then removed my fairing and pointed a laser pointer at the center of the engine mount bolt.(secured the laser with a clap so it would not move). I then re-installed the fairing only with the two main bolts and marked my pilot hole (where the laser was pointing to). Then I used a drill with the hole cutting blade like you used to drill my hole. I did make the hole slightly larger than the slide. It came out great but I then bought chrome spiked sliders that were larger than my original sliders and had to use my dremel tool to ream out the hole. I was a little worried but took my time and it came out great.
Thanks for sharing,
Shawn
That's how I did mine the last time.

Not a bad walkthrough, but I would recommend making the hole a bit bigger than the slider to compensate for vibration while riding.  For an added touch you can put some moulding around the edges to clean it up or a computer desk hole grommet.
Thanks BigBSBusa, I think i will take your advice and see how the desk gromets look.

nice walk thru but do make it slightly bigger so that u dun need to take out the slider when u remove fairing. else too much tighten and loosing will make it nt "strong" imho.

Back