Why I love my wife!

mcoyote

Registered
Gawd, I love daylight savings. Stepped outside after work, and, lo and behold, it was still daylight! So, naturally I went home the hard way. Bless me, I managed to stretch a 8mi/15min ride into 45mi/1hr while managing to keep going in the general direction of home.

Since my wife frequently calls me when I'm late, I had an excuse for each "stage". First, my boring-ass ride to work:

Slide1.JPG

...And now, for the first leg home: Some nice, long, un-patrolled stretches of divided highway, followed by groovy sweepers separated by tight, blind turns (the whole thing is studded with roadside crosses):

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081309685 -->

Slide2.JPG

Beltsville Ag Center: Picturesque farmland, the NASA ballfields, roller-coaster back roads:

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081309526 -->

Slide3.JPG

Lastly, the stretch home: More divided state road populated by over-ambitious ricers and a couple of well-documented speed traps:

(...Oh, yeah, the "why I love my wife" bit -- she didn't call but once and I didn't stop to answer, and when I asked her if she was concerned she say "well, when you were late, I figured you were out enjoying yourself. Just don't get caught." KEEPER
cool.gif
!)

Slide4.JPG

Ha ha ha ... I know those roads ... that is too cool man ... I know you had fun !!

DJ

Been there. It is nice when you get off work and it is still light out for a few hours.

In fact it sure is nice here today and I will ride the Busa back to work after lunch, might be late coming home. Better start thinking of excuses before I talk to my girlfriend (he he).

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081344772 -->

Good for you...fit in every extra mile you can! I'm so glad Spring is here!
cool.gif

cc: Mrs. Coyote

coyote,
Shame on you for lying to your wife!

Looks like a great ride though!

--Juggler

Right On!

When I ride to work the wife usually gives me about an hours leeway before she starts getting worried...  But seeing as how we head home at about the same time on the same roads there are frequently times when I see her up ahead and will zing by blowing kisses.  Or if we get caught at a light I'll pull up to her drives side door and chit chat...  Thats Fun, you get lots of wierd looks from the other cagers.  

Had a rough time getting a piece of gum fed to me last week though, we keep gum in the car, and I'll tell ya, it was pretty rough getting that past the beard and into the mouth with the full face helmet on...

Anyway, Yeah when you find a woman who understands that biking is not just transportation and you will likely be out playing when it's nice, you gotta keep her...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081349077 -->

Im jealous, my ride home only consists of traffic.....

Nice ride you had going, hopefully you can come up with more excuses until we set the clocks back...

My ride is alot more boring... Take this morning for instance... Left home (Germantown, MD) at 8:24AM got to work (Tyson's Corner, VA) at 8:48 AM. this was in thick rush-hour traffic mind ya. I try to avoid splitting at 120+, but sometime I do it by accident.
biggrin.gif

After the bridge (495 - American Legion) the traffic comes to a stop until Dulles-Toll Road... So, I get in my morning wheelies...
wow.gif

I dunno why people are always complaining about us sport bikers...
tounge.gif

Can't wait for the ride home...
cool.gif

My ride is alot more boring...  Take this morning for instance...  Left home (Germantown, MD) at 8:24AM got to work (Tyson's Corner, VA) at 8:48 AM.  this was in thick rush-hour traffic mind ya.  I try to avoid splitting at 120+, but sometime I do it by accident.
biggrin.gif

After the bridge (495 - American Legion) the traffic comes to a stop until Dulles-Toll Road...  So, I get in my morning wheelies...
wow.gif

I dunno why people are always complaining about us sport bikers...
tounge.gif

Can't wait for the ride home...
cool.gif
Dude, I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton for about 2 years.  I was in Tyson's Corner quite a bit...  Right there at the Ritz.

Small Spooky world.  Was also up in the Ft. Meade area for about a year.  Fun stuff up there... Lots of Training... Though Laurel Maryland is still kind of an Icky place.  It was a nice run up to Baltimore and the Inner Harbor...  Used to go up there quite a bit, hit some of the clubs...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081359803 -->

Back