PING Canadian Mike and others..

Professor, you interested in my clutch cover? Not sure if I'm going with it. Jury still out.

r8
I have thought about one, but I just can't bring myself to cutting my plastics.  It sure would make clutch maintenance easier.
Exactly. To each his own right?

Now, for Racing? Must have I would think.

r8
Just a personal taste issue on my part. I try to keep my with the stock look as much as possible. (that is the reason for the way my air shifter is mounted) Some of those guys are working on their clutches at the track between rounds. I have had to do it"¦.but hopefully that won't happen again!

thickness in powdercoating should be minimal....worse case senerio...if you get it and you don't like your clutch feel once adjusted properly, Mike or I can make you a new rod. Its only 6mm drill rod cut to length. Cross the bridge once you get there.

That is why Mike anodizes them...not as thick as powdercoating and normally much cheaper also.

super.gif
PM -->
Professor @ Jan. 10 2008 said:
1262983[/ATTACH] PM]
Powdercoat the whole thing...
How does that effect the clutch rod length?
Won't the hydrualics just take up any slack.
rock.gif
no,you have more adjustment capabilities with a cable clutch than a hydraulic one. He can adjust his lever for feel but actual travel can be affected by the rod length. Its not a biggie to correct.

super.gif

J...you already got your answer
but I wouldn't powdercoat it
both of mine were anodized

wait your bike is still all silver
what color were you coating it??
still go with anodizing

BTW as far as cutting the plastics
even mine will be cut
SHOCKED.gif

Good point Gary. I had all my pieces chromed and these guys chrome was .025 thick! and I didn't have a problem. I did think I had a problem with my speed sensor cause of the thickness, but it turned out to be a faulty sensor. Prolly shorted out after I layed it down...

Good point Gary. I had all my pieces chromed and these guys chrome was .025 thick! and I didn't have a problem. I did think I had a problem with my speed sensor cause of the thickness, but it turned out to be a faulty sensor. Prolly shorted out after I layed it down...
I would rather have thick chrome than thin. but yep .025" shouldn't cause you a headache. Takes me a second or two...I am a metric guy. My first impression was... .025mm what crap.
laugh.gif

Easy to cut the plastics. Take your time! I have done two so far and think have come out pretty good.

Vegas_4_07_005.jpg

When you guys use photobucket, use the HTML code (3rd one down) and just paste it into the post> Dont use the picture tool in the post tools. This way your pics will show up much bigger than postage stamps damnit!

Back