Continental Road Attack Tires

JrGMan

Registered
I wish the search function was up because I am sure someone here has used Continentals Road Attack tire. I recently read a review of these tires on Canyonchasers.net and they were very impressed with it. I am surprised that I have gotten 3.5k from the factory tires as I ride twisties mostly, moderately hard but never ride with a passenger. Appreciate any feedback from members who care to comment on this tire.

I have run aset of them so far they have been the best tire for my type of riding. I forgot the mileage of the front tire but the rear tire I got 5,200 miles on the rear. Still had tread left changed little beyond wear bar. Currently running a seat of Diaoblos 4,000 miles on rear tire slick as glass. Dont like them also tried Conti. sport attack great tire no mileage toasted rear tire within 3,000 miles.

I've run the Sport Attack tires, no complaints
cool.gif

Good mileage and very forgiving when pushed.
I currently have PP on because everyone raves about them. Very happy with them, but I had been running Road Attacks until I tried the PP's.
I'm hooked on PP for fall/winter riding, but will put a rear Road Attack back on at the begining of the season for the trips I take.
beerchug.gif

Capture_086.jpg

I put a road attack on my last bike (R1). I liked it. Good in rain, handled nice. I am getting ready to shop for a new rear tire right now and may look at the road attack again. I got 6,000 on my stock BT56 now and it is shot. I have been pretty pleased with my BT 56 as far as that goes.

Suzuki now puts the BTO15 on the new generation busa. I'm sure the BTO56 will be fazed out of existance. The 15's are good tires as well. They give more grip than the 56 but may not last as long.

While I'm certainly not a fan of Michelin tires they do work well for the average street rider. Decent grip with a very thin side wall which gives that soft gentle cadilac ride.

I am not a fan of the Road Attacks, but I admit this comes from experience with them on a bike much heavier than the Busa. Too, the set I tried was the very first iteration of them to hit the States (Spring, '04), and at that time, they proved to be just about scary when bringing the bike down from speed.

I understand they have changed sidewall constriction and tread composition since then.... perhaps they are much better nowadays.

Regardless, tire threads are like oil threads, chain lube threads.... no one really agrees on anything; it's all a matter of personal preference in the end.
dunno.gif

How do people get so many miles out of the 56's? Are ya'll getting this mileage running the bike to redline and seeing 170/180? I went for a vigourous ride last weekend and my tire went from being above the wear makrs to cords in a couple of hours.

I've ran them before on my R1. I find the compound kinda hard compared to the 56's that I have on my Busa right now. I like the 56. I put over 7300 miles on the rear. The front's still in good shape. When I replaced the rear, it's not on the wear bar yet but close.

I like the Conti "Road Attacks" ... great in the rain, can feel the road, ran em for over 7000 miles ... hi speed and twisties ... if they do start to slip in the twisties (as in too much power coming out of a corner) .. they "talk" to you as opposed to some others that "let go". In short, I really liked them. Haven't tried all the others. Deadeye
thumb_up.gif

Oh, they suck....

lurk.gif

Just kidding. Good info on tires here though. I'm gonna need new ones in the spring.

Good mileage and very forgiving when pushed.
I currently have PP on because everyone raves about them.  Very happy with them, but I had been running Road Attacks until I tried the PP's.
I'm hooked on PP for fall/winter riding, but will put a rear Road Attack back on at the begining of the season for the trips I take.  
beerchug.gif
Looking at the rear tyre you dont need a side stand the bike should stand up on its own
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

How do people get so many miles out of the 56's? Are ya'll getting this mileage running the bike to redline and seeing 170/180? I went for a vigourous ride last weekend and my tire went from being above the wear makrs to cords in a couple of hours.
I have no idea....

cheers
ken

How often do you burn out, do 'eye ball coming out back of head' acceleration and things like that? That's probably your answer. I got 6500 miles out of my stock rear and still had some tread left. It was just too close for me to feel safe if I got caught in the rain. I do mostly highway riding. 30 mile commute one way to work.

Back