Trans Am at the light today

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Two lanes at the light merge into one up aways on the other-side of the intersection. So I'm sitting there waiting for a green and this dark object with shiny wheels pulls up next to me on my right, I look over and heres this greasy haired stump with ears against the brakes with the gas, one look at his eyes and you could tell he meant business, in my mind I'm saying-theres no way.
So the light turns green and this thing lurches and starts making all kinds of noises, well of course I nailed it and left him sitting there like he was in park. Gotta love it when you look in the mirror and you know the sorry-ass is mashing on the gas pedal for all it's worth and it's just not getting the job done. Don't worry folks, was relatively safe or I wouldn't have and I do wear gear. Was a good way to end my little ride.

Couple other shots of some bikes to day also.

12_23_07_012.jpg

guess you took his bait... I quit playing that game with cagers about 25 years ago when friend of mine fell for it, and pulled an "exhibition of speed" ticket by the cop sitting in a parking lot across for the light.. cager did not even get pulled over, Barry lost his license for a year over that 12 point ticket..

Bait or no bait, you can always make your point with 1st and 2nd gear only. Challengers will get the picture and you don't even have to break any laws. Nothing in the books says "accelerating to fast to reach speed limit" haha

Mike B

guess you took his bait... I quit playing that game with cagers about 25 years ago when friend of mine fell for it, and pulled an "exhibition of speed" ticket by the cop sitting in a parking lot across for the light.. cager did not even get pulled over, Barry lost his license for a year over that 12 point ticket..
Thats why i always have it in my mind that some cop saw me the very moment I do something naughty...and split in various directions before anything can intercept me. Now I usually just cruise but if it's something like educating a cager quickly, fun backroad run, or incident with a cage getting aggressively close to me for whatever reason then color me gone since i usually know my territory and various routes to take in numerous configurations. Radio is only as fast as the vehicle it's in and as good as what the vehicle's occupants can see and relay so a Cop is gonna need air support Right then and now if they want to talk to me. Not much of that in the areas I travel or times I travel them in.

I don't endorse running since i've found the Best way to beat a police chase or encounter is end it before it starts. Proactive riding for the win.
thumb_up.gif

And the runs i did have with cars, be it 911's, vipers, or lil hatchback ricers always got left behind quick. None of that "toy with them, give them a headstart or catchup and dust them again" crap. Totally obliterate them and end it fast. I didn't stick around or chill like nothing happened either. Got out of the scene quickly in many different directions (never keep going straight). Any officer that witnesses this, either out of common sense or rage, most likely will nail the cage since it's easier to catch and the bike is who knows where?

did that to a 350Z awhile back and then open my visor at the next light and started talking to his companion...she was very nice...I even offer her ride to make it a bit more ever for the next run...only if I had another helmet
cool.gif

Cagers can't do the math; we know the score. I had a guy in a hopped up Pontiac Firebird try that crap with me a few years ago. I passed him like he turned the ignition switch off. After the humiliation the next thing I hear is a horn on the exit ramp---the Pontiac guy was shooting me the bird.

Bait or no bait, you can always make your point with 1st and 2nd gear only. Challengers will get the picture and you don't even have to break any laws. Nothing in the books says "accelerating to fast to reach speed limit" haha

Mike B
+1, hit second and let off, couldn't have been more than 5 or so over the limit. I,m sure he got the message, he hung back and did nothing else. Felt good to smoke him
laugh.gif

12_23_07_008.jpg

Mike B
+1, hit second and let off, couldn't have been more than 5 or so over the limit. I,m sure he got the message, he hung back and did nothing else. Felt good to smoke him
laugh.gif
Bill, Looks like you Need to Clean Your Bike. I have Never Seen it SOO DIRTY !!!!!
laugh.gif
boxing.gif

laugh.gif

Mike B
actually most states have laws about "rate of acceleration" and it is left to the judgment of the officer writing the ticket... And I do not know of a single city street in the country that you legally wind out first gear... (55+) What is the point of "painting" any picture for some chump in a car?

Street racing or these little shows for cagers does nothing but get you in trouble IME... they want to race? let them race like grownups... at the track, honestly do you think that there are very many 10 second street cars out there? and most of the ones I have even built or seen, run only at the track..

street racing is for kids (and not very bright ones) I am just pretty tired of seeing the carnage and bad press from street racers getting killed or killing innocents.. save the ego trips and put down the runs at the race track.. is more fun anyway

Did he call you "chicken", McFly?  

He baited you.  Luckily no one got hurt from a medical or license POV.  

Be safe.  Too many lost- another- busa- rider  posts this year.

BTW, I have an Fbody (2000 SS) and raced plenty of times and only at the track. Stop light ego contests are too risky.

So far everytime I've got beside something like this, they look over, see what it is, and start acting like the're messing with the stereo. Coupla' times I've had a metric cruiser (of all things) make a lot of racket and try for a race but that's been it.

good stuff bill. got me a viper and a new charger the other day about 5 mins apart. i love it when people have so much money invested in there car and just dont get the phisics behind it. Oh and yeah ur bike looks extemely dirty. HAHA.

Back