Windscreen help

Zoinks!

Registered
I'm thinkin about gettin a new screen for the busa. It's starting to get cold, and I plan to be a year round rider. The main problem I'm having is the stock screen makes the wind hit me right in the chest, and therefore makes a bunch of air go straight up into the helmet, and not to mention the constant beating I get from the wind. Basically what I'm saying is, it would make for a much more comfortable ride if I had a screen that would make the wind go more over my head. SO! The question is, what screens to y'all have and what do you like. I was thinking about a double bubble type, but am curious to whether or not it's gonna be high enough to do what I'm wanting. Someone told me there are some out there with a "flipped up" lip at the top. Any help would be wonderful.

DR1300R had some kind of a "Touring" screen with a second deflector.. I have seen them but can not remember who made them..

I have a Puig double bubble that I like.. There are some on Ebay (Bestern or something like that) that fit terrible and can damage your mounting pads. The Puig have the recess built in like the factory units and seem to fit pretty nice

Oh you might want to get a helmet skirt too, helps a bunch keeping the cold out of the bottom of your lid.. I got mine at cyclegear for I think $14

Here I am.. MRA Vario..

2000_Busa_13_800x600.jpg

Guessing you are a GM tech?? Spent 5 years heavy line for them myself..

Guessing you are a GM tech??   Spent 5 years heavy line for them myself..
Good job Mr. Bogus, that is correct. I graduated from GM ASEP back in May of this year and I now work at a chevrolet/cadillac dealer 30 miles from my house. That was one of the main purposes in getting the busa; the commute. With gas rising again, the stang was suckin down too much fuel. But back to the topic at hand. Lol. Is MRA Vario the name for that screen? It looks like almost exactly what I'm lookin for. It doesn't look like it's a double bubble, but I do see the flared top edge. Does it work without the little one attached to it? And where did you get the thing for your helmet? (Sorry, don't mean to play 20 questions, but you can't really get answers without questions. Lol.

Helmet Skirt

And dont even bother without the tape, the POS will fall off the helmet and drive you to drink.. I just took 2 winds of black tape and it has worked fine... Funny the screen does not fog as bad as it did without it.. not sure I understand why..

Laminar Lip is another option

There are also 2 or 3 touring style windsceens. Here is one style

post-43-76099-whayabusagt280.jpg

Laminar Lip Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. . . Yea, I deff. just realized that you and doyle weren't the same person. I didn't pay any attention to the avitar. Lol. But hey, thanks for all the help. Really appreciate it.

Sure it is.. It just screws on as it is replaceable in case you break it.. I have never had mine off, all I do is put mine all the way down and it acts like a dbl bub screen... all the up and I get good protection but I also get a little bit of head buffeting as well..
heres some other choices from MRA just click and scroll down..

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/107/

Back