Squid of the Day (SOTD)

<!--QuoteBeginbogusLogon+Oct. 04 2007,12:05-->
(bogusLogon @ Oct. 04 2007,12:05) <!--QuoteEBegin-->Ok while we are at retro mode... todays award candidate(s) ?do not remember where they were, what they were doing or that they even rode a bike before... sooooo without further adoo...
<br
BTW:  Adoo

iamwithstupid.gif

is actually 'adieu', which in some pansy-ish language, means 'good-bye';  So...CUL8r.

<--- Big guy rider here, fat jokes are funny. If your fat like i am you hear them alot, specialy when i had a 600
smile.gif
but really you should be used to laughing with everyone else.. 6'2'' 330lbs

(webbashl @ Sep. 26 2007,05:39) I don't care it's entertainment to me
biggrin.gif
Me too! Poking fun at "other" people is one of the great joys in life! I'm not being a smart ass, I really do enjoy a good jibe!

I do sense a certain pre-occupation with safety equipment in a group of people who see themselves as living on the edge. Riding dangerous machines, as it were. Does anyone really think a $500 helmet will save them when their head hits an immovable object at 90 mph?

I wear a lid, but I see it as a more of a wind and bug deterrent. I expect that if I have a bad crash, maybe someone can identify the body--or maybe the helmet.

I do sense a certain pre-occupation with safety equipment in a group of people who see themselves as living on the edge.  Riding dangerous machines, as it were.  Does anyone really think a $500 helmet will save them when their head hits an immovable object at 90 mph?
I'm not sure about 90 mph but at 50 mph I survived. I hit my head hard enough to damage a muscle in my left eye. It will heal and that inconvenience seems better than donating organs.

I do sense a certain pre-occupation with safety equipment in a group of people who see themselves as living on the edge.  Riding dangerous machines, as it were.  Does anyone really think a $500 helmet will save them when their head hits an immovable object at 90 mph?
I'm not sure about 90 mph but at 50 mph I survived. I hit my head hard enough to damage a muscle in my left eye. It will heal and that inconvenience seems better than donating organs.
Not to threadjack here but this got me thinking....
Do these 500-700 dollar helmets provide any more actual protection over my 100 dollar HJC helmet?

Oh and by the way back in the early 80's I highsided a Kawi triple at about 45 MPH, the back of my Bell Star helmet slamed into the road taking a large chunk out of the helmet and not my skull, walked away without even a headache.

Wait a minute now. Some states don't require helmets. I don't see how having the helmet on the side of the bike indicates SQUID status. I have a buddy that rides with his helmet on the side in case of rain. Guy has been riding for I dunno 15+ years. I don't personally do it cause paint gets scratched butstill that does not mean you get SQUID status. And don't tell me I am an idiot cause when I race I wear full gear. So when I ride for fun I don't enjoy sweating. Just my .02

let me clear it up for you

helmet on the side of the bike and not on the head = SQUID
whether you want it to or not.

Is his helmet for protection from the rain but not the road?
or does he feel more likely to crash in the rain so he puts it on?
Either reason shows a very limited ability to think.

moX

Just incase anyone don't already know (from the bike mags) what it stands for......

S.Q.U.I.D.= Stupidly Quick Underdressed Ignorant and Dangerous

I have a buddy that is on the xxxxxl size and he also rides a busa.  One year I was meeting up with him and some other buddies to ride out and I saw something in my mirror that was big and blue.  It was comming closer and closer and faster and faster.  I started picking up speed and before I knew it I was running in the 165/170 range and it was still there.  I pulled over because I felt like hell I can't out run this thing I will just let it pass and see what it is.  It pulled over too!  I thought (Crap here we go)  He pulls up beside me with his new blue riding jacket on talking about "everytime I tried to catch up to you would pick up speed".
rofl.gif

let me clear it up for you

helmet on the side of the bike and not on the head = SQUID
whether you want it to or not.

Is his helmet for protection from the rain but not the road?
or does he feel more likely to crash in the rain so he puts it on?
Either reason shows a very limited ability to think.

moX
Well there mister helmets save lives and thats just what I want to be a quadrapalegic the rest of my life. Do you have a clue? Whatever happened to the right to choose. You my friend are a squid. So because we don't wear helmets we have a limited ability to think. Your an idiot my friend an idiot.

Well there mister helmets save lives and thats just what I want to be a quadrapalegic the rest of my life. Do you have a clue? Whatever happened to the right to choose.
A helmet saved my life and I'm not a quadrapalegic.

Nobody said you don't have the right to choose to be a squid. BTW ABATE's looking for you.

In Hawaii there are lots of folks that ride in flip flops and shorts. This dumbazz was allways doin the beach front cruise in this outfit. Ummmm wait a tick, he looks kinda familiar
crazy.gif

Pict0030.JPG

Back