Tank Pads  or Bras

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know where to get a good quality tank Bra or complete tank Pad? I am getting to the point to where I will always check on the Org. before I Just go out and buy something somewhere.. Appreciate it!

I hear tobin makes a good one.

There is also the one that the tank back attaches to.

How much do you want to spend? I think mine was around $140

DSCN3019.JPG

Here is the one I got from Second Look. This is my second one, each are made for that year bike. The fit is great and so is the match. A little pricey though.

Bra_2.jpg

Is the MEDEA bag the one that holds the laptop? Or is it one big compartment? I just got back from a 1000 mile trip and realized that my tank is now all scratched up. I want to go cheap, but I think the bagster is the best option. I like my Icon tankbag/backpack and may go the tank pad only option.

I carried my laptop (15" screen" in this one but it is a single compartment.It will grow another 12-15" straight up if you open the zipper on the expander. I got the Medea bag because it was the only one that came in the same color..(good reason huh?)

Heres a pic of the Minisign bag also converts to a back pack if you want..

2000_Busa_24_640x480.jpg

The minisign looks way more practical for daily use. (the Medea also doubles as a backpack)

I've been using a magnetic bra tank protector from mag-knight.

They look great and fit good especially and if you get them factory color matched. They are also barely noticeable unless you are looking right at them. Coverage is not more than sufficient and it has does an excellent job protecting the paint underneath.

Here's what it looks like on mine. Note that they didn't make the 2005LE colors a few years ago so I went with the carbon fiber appearance and it seemed to blend in with the factory paint perfectly. It looks like a thin clear film on the back of the tank but it's really a solid color.

tankprotector.jpg

can someone post pix of their Bagsters in the back pack mode? ie. back straps laid out and open. My Icon backpack/tank bag is too versatile for me to give up. I would be more inclined to put the clip/connectors onto the icon in order to fasten it on to the bagster tank pad (but I heard that magnetic bags will work with the bagster tank pad).

alrighty then,,, will get the Mrs to model the backpack function for you tonight
smile.gif

Back