She's finally getting there

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Well, figured new updated board, might as well post some new updated pics of the bike.
Finally got the bike fired up and she sounded good.
Still need to put the upper on, and get her tuned.
Gonna go naked for a bit to make sure I want to keep it, but here she is.

Before.

100_2967.jpg

Haven't got to ride in over a month, between working 10 everyday of the week and working on the bike in the evenings.
Can't wait for the first ride.
firedevil.gif

I know where you're comin' from on lack of ridin', bro. Gotta a quick spin for the first time in months today. She's lookin' good though.

super.gif
PM -->
Pipefighter248 @ Oct. 07 2007 said:
1196269[/ATTACH] PM]
Thanks Ken.
How you been stranger?
Makin' it a day at a time! New job has had me going 12-14 every day and on call the other 10-12. Haven't had time to check in on everyone in a while.
Good seeing you.
ThumbsUp.gif
Thanks, bro! Things appear to be going well for you.
Same as you.
Getting by one day at a time.
beerchug.gif

super.gif

Keep me updated on the progress.  It is good to be back even if only for a short time.
ThumbsUp.gif

Man PIPE, just when I think that bike can't get any more sick than it was, BAMM !! I can't wait for the video !! What's that, like 6 exhausts, and now Turbo ? GOD, I LOVE YOUR BUSA !!

Can someone tell me the differance between, TURBO and SUPERCHARGER ?

just a basic break down is that a turbo uses your exhaust to make power and a supercharger uses a belt off the crank to make power. if im wrong someone correct me.

how long before the cops pick you up for riding naked?

"we're streeaking" [from the movie old school].

ThumbsUp.gif

i hear ya on no riding for a while, since i painted,sold, ANNND preped my new plastics i've been out for a few weeks... now mine is ready for a spin...if i could find the time and weather permiting. hang in there.

just a basic break down is that a turbo uses your exhaust to make power and a supercharger uses a belt off the crank to make power. if im wrong someone correct me.
Yea, you're right. Turbo's use exhaust and superchargers use the belt. There are pros and cons to both. One thing about the turbo is that it takes time to build up boost, (power) whereas the supercharger is right there with it from the start. As long as the engine's turning, it's making boost. The thing about the turbo tho, is that it will keep gaining power as long as the car (or in this case bike) can handle it, where a supercharger can only pull so far. The only small engine I've seen a supercharger on is the chevy cobalt. Almost every one with a 4 cyl engine uses turbos. They just seem to work better on the smaller engines. I would imagine that's why I've never seen a supercharger on a bike. It may have been done, but I've never seen it. . . Maybe I should try it. . .
dunno.gif

Yea, you're right. Turbo's use exhaust and superchargers use the belt. There are pros and cons to both. One thing about the turbo is that it takes time to build up boost, (power) whereas the supercharger is right there with it from the start. As long as the engine's turning, it's making boost. The thing about the turbo tho, is that it will keep gaining power as long as the car (or in this case bike) can handle it, where a supercharger can only pull so far. The only small engine I've seen a supercharger on is the chevy cobalt. Almost every one with a 4 cyl engine uses turbos. They just seem to work better on the smaller engines. I would imagine that's why I've never seen a supercharger on a bike. It may have been done, but I've never seen it. . . Maybe I should try it. . .
dunno.gif
Well said.
Yes, they do make supercharger kits for the busa.

Back