Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To about 150mph then I let off

• Taken it to the limit and was whippin it for more

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
caught a stretch of 4 lane about 2 miles long with no cars in sight and pinned it like a joke also have a stretch leaving my house up a hill with nothing but deer to watch out for and take it to 175 every time i ride to work its like 3 pots of coffee i think without the trips to the can:)
hahaha that's good.. I'm so nervous half the time I get work I have to step away from the bike In case someone unseen catches up with me...........

huh my last bike was a gsxr 1100 and loud as hell used to ride abou 30 miles a day to work after about a week of that the cops from almost every town i passed through on the way would be waiting for me they never caught me cuz they always sat in the most obveious places but they new it was me sometimes they would follw me for a while but never pulled me over then one friday i was excited to get to the track and was really honking and one of them were sitting somewhere new huh go figure i passed him at about 170 i never saw him again nor did i ride that bike to work either my number was up no problem though i just sold the 91 and got a 95 and resumed on still got funny looks when passing through that town:D

my friend talked about going 165, so i was out one day and rolled the throttle on til i hit 170, man it was exciting sounded like a train was going by, the noise at that speed. there was still throttle left!!!

im boring i know! but i cant afford speeding tickets and points, and if i get one my wife would put the bike for sale herself, so i try to ride as "prudent" as possible.:D

275 km/h ==>> 170 mph
I have to complain that with the stock windsheild you don't get much protection.
With my old gsxr1100 1988 I was able to go flat out for hours, something like .25 hours. hehehe

Coming home from the drag strip, it was about midnight and no one was on the road and I started out in 2nd gear and tacked out every gear. Twas crazy. Don't know if I will do that again.

150 and that was damn scary... especially on these not so smooth roads!!

ppor mans turbo...

not sure what the gps said..coudlnt' find it afterwards

slingshot.jpg

Ahhh.. I envy you guys...
On my SV650, I top out quite frequently at 130-140 depending on wind conditions.
On my bro's Suzuki Bandit 1200s, I've hit 140-150 mph (I don't think it was topped out, but it was close)
and finally... On my friends Hayabusa, I took it to 180 mph (speedo reading)... and it was DEFINITELY not topped out... it had plenty of juice left, but I was aproaching a school zone and a bunch of intersections... a) didn't want to hit a school bus or any other vehicle as a matter of fact, and b) didnt want to get a ticket for ... umm... twelve-upeling? the speed limit? Hehe... (180 mph on a 15mph zone... it wounld NOT have been a pretty ticket)
It was insane though... I felt like I had so much control of the bike, and it felt sooooo smooth... ahhh.. I fell in love with it... right now I'm saving up to buy one biggrin.gif
By the way, don't get me wrong... I'm not going to go 180 mph every day.... as tempting as it may be tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Busaman86
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079916892 -->

I have taken mine to 150, I had a clear shot on a freeway without any cars in front of me. As soon as I hit 150 I throttled down.
I agree with an earlier post, getting pegged at that high speed by the CHP would really suck. Plus I hit a school bus a few years ago at 80 mph on a motorcycle and that put me in the hospital for a week with cracked ribs, internal bleeding etc. Not looking forward to that again. Anyone know specifics about taking bikes to a racetrack? I heard in southern CA they have tracks you can take your bike to and open it up without the worry of a bus pulling our in front of you.
Thrasher yer killin me! A school Bus?

That's like hitting a giant reflector!

As for me, I hit the car behind the bus and shoved it under the bus, never hit a bus tho... That's what you get for letting 16 year olds drive.

BTW New one for me!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>186 indicated Yesterday! Wahooo!</span>

Hank, was that you I seen on the History or Discovery Channels talking about land speed records? They had someone on with a 500+ hp Busa making runs....Just wondering.

a slow 150..indicated

blush.gif

150.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back