Is this a good deal?  Anything I should check out?

ericw94061

Registered
Here's a used '05 Busa I'm looking at buying. Pics below.

QUESTIONS:
- Does this look like a good deal at $7500? The owner said he's slightly flexible on price so I'm thinking $7250 would be a good deal.
- Is there anything special I should look for while checking the bike over (beyond the usual, I've bought several used bikes before but never a Busa)?

This bike is reportedly in excellent condition and only 2,600 miles. Adult owned and driven (two 60-ish guys), never raced. Includes Power Commander, Micron exhausts, tank bra and rear buddy lift. Current owner (63 yr old) says he can only ride it for ~1 hour before getting sore and he wants to free up space in the garage (where he keeps it covered!).

image1.jpg

I paid more than that for my 05', and I also have aftermarket exhaust, PC, and other goodies. Not sure what it books for though.

Eric, that sounds like a fair deal to me, I paid 7,600 for my 05 in Dec of 06 but I had to drive to Idaho Falls in Idaho to pick it up. Kelly Blue Book is still just under 8,200 for the 05. Another option you might consider is a new left over 06, Cosmo posted recently that a local dealer had two left over 06 Busas for I believe it was low to mid 8K, can't remember what post it was off hand but if you're interested I'm sure we can locate it, I believe the dealer would be Chico Motorsports.

People have been getting some sweet deals out there lately.

Watch yourself out there and you can find some hot prices.

--Wag--

Thanks for the input, folks. It does seem like a pretty decent time to buy used. One post I read somewhere said that because the '08's are out, and there are unsold '06's selling for less than $9k, plus it's near the end of riding season (n/a here in sunny CA tho), prices are somewhat depressed on the '05's and older. I've seen lots of Busas in CycleTrader sitting there for a while.

The seller on the bike I'm looking at said he had tons of calls on the Hardley he recently sold, but few calls on the soon-to-be-mine Bus.

I think I'll mention the above and ask him if he'll go for $7200. I *really* like that '05 red/black paint scheme...

race.gif

If you get that Busa you'll have to go on our next ride, a bunch of us get together every couple weeks and just ride. You know I've never done this before but here goes........ Now the only problem you'll have with the Black/Red Busa is trying to keep up with the Silver/Blue Busa's......
wow.gif

Busa1.jpg

Just so you know that is a slip on exhaust. The full system onlt has 1 can.
If you like the color, good deal.

Hey! and Hello...Sounds okay to me...I'm doing the same search myself.....found a 2005 ltd with 6500 miles at a dealership (that they wouldn't budge on price)...They came down to $8300.00 from $8495.00 and stopped (gee thanks)...that nite saw a classified and it had a pearl white (hear that ooo?) $7800.00, it was a 2006 and 3500 something miles...dealership wasn't competitive with the real world in my eyes. So like I said...Sounds good to me!

good hunting,

Back