First weekend Busa report.

Dennis The Menace

Donating Member
Registered
Well.  It happened sooner that I had planned.  I was saving, planning to buy sometime in May or so.  But a smokin deal came up and I could not let it go.
So.  The bank has lots of money.  And it was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission from the wife.

Its been a long damn summer without a sport bike.
So its good to be back.

Good by VFR (was sold in April).
Grinded some hard parts and other things.....

sept-9-1.jpg

HELLO new lady......  wit da chunky butt.

busa-02.jpg

She has lots of curves, a bit chunky but gives it to ya like 60 year old hook.....  well.... ya know.....

I burnt through two tanks of gas this weekend.  Very tentatively mind you.  Haven't really been on a sport bike all year, so this was quite the jump.  But what a jump it has been.

A buddy emailed and asked how it was......  all I replied was......  Fack!

All I can say now is Wholy FACK!

It wasn't till I was really looking at the spec sheets that I noticed (and pushing it around) that there is not much weight difference between it and the VFR.  But everything else is vastly different.  More sporty riding position.  Liveable wind protection.  Mondo brakes, fully adjustable suspension,  and oh.... maybe only....
70 or 75 more HP, and  only like.......50 ft/lbs of torque more.

After the rides this weekend, it will do fine for longer jaunts as well.  Fuel range is actually pretty good for only a 19L tank.  Should be able to 300km out of it.  First gear is really tall.  Currently has Metzler Sportec M3's on it.  So turn in is really quick and easy.  The bike is so stable pretty much everywhere.

Needless to say........ Very nice.....  I like...  High 5.

Here are a coulple of more pics.  Its going to be a long bloody winter this year.

I will start saving for back tires now.

busa-01.jpg

busa-04.jpg

busa-03.jpg

Sweet!
super.gif
I like the color..................but I may be biased. I like the Vance & Hines pipes too.

congrats, i feel your enthusiasm the way you wrote. welcome to the madness.

beerchug.gif

Back