Test fit of my screaming eagle pipes!

That I will. It will look sick and there will be copycats once I post final photos.
bowdown.gif

(Revolution @ Sep. 28 2007,07:39) it's a haya davidson  
OMFG!
crazy.gif

Sorry Bow, but I cant get wit that-those r some nice pipes for a HD, and that is a sweet color for a Busa, but those two things go together like Jabenero Peppers n Ice Cream sundaes
all_coholic.gif

skipped the sound clip cuz my POS laptop has no sound but I bet they do sound mean...but functionality-wise, hope you dont lose any turning clearance or HP (altho Im pretty sure u did) to spoil ur ride-that bein said, it is YOUR RIDE, so if u dig it, kudos on blazin a new trail with Busa pipes and hope it keeps a smile on your face while riding...

i wont say what face I will have if I see those pipes in person
eek2.gif

Where they are mounted I wont loose any ground clearance. Or any clearance I would ever use ;). The pegs stick out past the pipe.

was this mod for:
1. looks?
2. sound?
3. performance?
4. just to be different?
5. all of the above (although I doubt #3)?

You sound very happy and proud with your project. Yo money, yo bike...nuff said!

I don't see where this mod is really going to hurt performance much. It was my understanding that better flow = more power. Provided the air/fuel stays true. Not to mention the stock header is one of the biggest restrictions in the exhaust system.

Yes #5.

Here's another pic of final mockup. I'm going to weld the bracket on so it will mount to the stock location. Gotta weld the muffler to the pipe as well.

It's going to be flat black when it's done.

0928071258.jpg

that final mock up is not too shabby. FWIW, I loved the Screaming Eagles I had on my old HD Heritage Softail Classic!!

Ok they are welded up! Just gotta finish dressing up the welds when I buy a sanding disk... but she's looking hot!

Hopefully will be able to paint them tomorrow.

Then I will get some high res photos. For now the ones off my cell phone will have to work.

0928071851.jpg

Good job dude. The only thing I would have done different is instead of having the pipes turn outward, I would have rotated them to point rearward.

I think you've done a fine job, it's exactly what you wanted. Who give's a rat's a$$ what others think.

beerchug.gif

(kaosccw @ Sep. 27 2007,17:57) I showed my girlfriend the pic, while laughing, she says 'where's this guy from?' and said it sounded rediculous.

I am in agreement with her comments.

If you want it to look bad, I suggest you walk around your bike with a 4 pound hammer for a couple of minutes. To make it sound bad, use said hammer to knock the cans off.
ROFL, Don't hold back, tell the man how you really feel...

Hey like other have said, it's WAY not my thing, but it's your bike, and if that's the look you wanted all the power to ya...

Back