finally

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
I finally got my top gun tail today after waiting a grueling 3 weeks for it.  I hope to get it installed on Saturday and have some pics!!!!
super.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079577977 -->

I remember that day, I am feeling it all over again with the new paint and the chrome. Still waiting.

well I thought I was gonna wait till saturday to install it but I couldn't hold back... took the dremel out tonight and got her cut down. DAMN you have to cut the entire tail section off almost
wow.gif
laugh.gif

anyway it was dark when I was done and I have to wire up the lights yet and fit her back together and take some pics tomorrow night after work.
smile.gif

fstbusa, glad ya finally got your undertail. I had to wait about 3 weeks for mine too. It was worth it. The fit is perfect. Be sure to use the center LED's for your running/tail light. Anyhow, lets see some pics. I really love mine. These Busa's really are money pits you know. I'm in the process of ordering an Akropovic titanimum full system.

got her finished tonight with some electrical tape holding the wiring!!! Man she looks sweeet.... Rides a little close when lowered 2" but I tested it out and I don't think it will hit.

one question for those who have wired these up. What size resistor do you use to make it blink slower? Or do I need a module of some type. I will be fixing up the wiring tomorrow and get some pics tomorrow when its light out.

fstbusa, glad ya finally got your undertail.  I had to wait about 3 weeks for mine too.  It was worth it.  The fit is perfect.  Be sure to use the center LED's for your running/tail light.  Anyhow, lets see some pics.  I really love mine.  These Busa's really are money pits you know.  I'm in the process of ordering an Akropovic titanimum full system.
you're telling me.... bde system, pcIII, undertail, seat, lowering, clutch mod......

damn money pit... but I can't get enough... its like I'm addicted to a drug busextacy.....
laugh.gif

fstbusa,

You will need a light Integrator to make your blinkers blink normal! You can get them from a UHAUL trailer place for $20. There are a few people on the bike forums selling something a little smaller and cleaner looking but they are $60.

Why spend the extra money when you can hide it under the trunk and save $40!
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

what do I need an integrator? I thought the purpose of the integrator was to make the taillight work as blinkers also?

It can make the tail lights blinkers also but slows the pulse down for different stlye lights like LED's and stuff! They are on a different.....ah......can't remember what but the watt-age or something is different and that's what makes them blink TO FAST! It will slow them back down to normal if that's what you wanted?
wink.gif

thats cool the fast blink isn't stupid fast so it doesn't bother me at all....

and with that here come the pics

IMG_0002.jpg

Back