TERESI Dyno Drags

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Boy, did I have a fun Saturday morning! Currently it's "Street Vibrations" in Reno so there a billion motorcycles in the area (98% V-Twins). The headlines in the newspaper said, "the dyno drags are here, come and race" so this morning I showed up at the meet to race! Two bikes strapped down on dyno rollers with christmas tree, staging, etc. Hundreds of onlookers, Ness, Drag Specialties customs all around.

This cool hydraulic lift raises the 2 competitors up to the "racetrack" while everyone looks on.....My competition was 110 cu in maxed out Harley bagger with open pipes (remember weight is irrelevant in this situation). The crowd got real silent as we lifted up and-since you don't have to wear a helmet-I heard talking like, "that's one of them Hayabusas!" "What the hell is that?"you know the rest. Motors off, one of the techs gives us the briefing...ie no wheelstand problems, no traction problems, feet stay on the pegs, etc.

We fire up, stage, and the race is on! A guy later told me that when my Busa went into 3rd gear @ 11000 rpm, people were literally running to the display to find out what it was(quite the different sound from V twins!).

My competition went 12.3 @ 103.7mph and I went 9.793 @ 140mph...when he announced it the crowd freaked out!
(we all know in the real world that 140 and 9.7 are not commensurate but damn, it was fun!).

He then let me make a 1/2 mile run alone and it was 174.5 mph but I had so much left in 6th gear...it's so weird being in 5th gear @ 11K rpm speed shifting into 6th, while being surrounded by people and WITHOUT a helmet!

Anyways I just wanted to share....7 pics to follow.....last one is the high speed run. Raydog

P1000664.JPG

That looks like fun . I saw a story on the tv with one of those where the guy and his son raced . HIs son was talking smack , he had a harley and his son had an R6 . the harley won and his son wasn't saying any crap anymore . I thought that was funny.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say....HP:167, torque:102,(this is at 4600 ft. elevation) and reaction time .004 (lucky)

I see you got down in a tuck too...
smile.gif
you know that 12 from a vtwin is pretty respectable... glad you stole his "thunder" whoohoo! Would love to try that some day

The topic title is the name of the company (Teresi drag racing) so type that into Google or Yahoo and you'll see all their events....including Florida for East Coasters! BTW long Busas fit too since the front chalk is horizonally adjustable. They do over 40 events each year...all over.

P1000667.JPG

Man, awsome run!!!
super.gif
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Glad you were able to represent the 'Busa with some flair!!!
beerchug.gif
Im gonna have to see if I can make it to one of thoes events, I really want to run on a dyno\racetrack.

I can't believe I forgot to tell everyone what else I found out today! Before placing your bike into the roller system, they have to weigh it so they have a professional racing scale. This is what is REALLY surprising and exciting to me....with a topped off full tank of gas....my bike weighs 524 pounds. The big three weight loss components for me were 1)Carro USA wheels 2)Braking rotors 3)Muzzy carbon/stainless exhaust. If gas is 7 lbs. per gallon then with about 2 gallons left in the tank, it's 499 lbs.! What a lightweight! Maybe this is unimportant to some, I just think it's cool to know the exact weight, especially when it's less than OEM (of course I'm 230 but we're not talking about that). Raydog

9's at 140.........(snicker, snicker, snicker).............12's at 107......ain't bad but....WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....HHHHAAAAAAAAAAA
AA....UHHH......UHHHH....WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..................

Back