my new leds and stuff

jch364

Registered
here are some pics of the light kit i got from custom dynamics and how i put them on. also my chrome screens and sliders.....here goes

my girl before the i got started

b_010.jpg

the chrome grill screens. got them off ebay for about $125. little pricey but insurance is paying for it since it was on the old plastics when i wrecked

b_003.jpg

had to cut some of the foam back. I was able to roll back the glue so it got out of the way for the screens. easy enough to do.

b_025.jpg

this is the kit. I have to say i felt like a dee dee dee when i first looked at it. I had total vapor lock. Once i got started though it wasn't so bad. I am by no means a technical kinda guy so this was some kinda work for me. Im sure for most of you guys this is no big deal.... I gotta tell ya though my head started hurting right away....lol

b_030.jpg

the 3m tape really holds great. i wasn't confident of it at first but it really does work. just make sure the area is cleaned off with alcohol first..

b_031.jpg

all and all it worked well but i did make a mistake. on the right side middle hole, i didnt realize that i had put the light so close to the exhaust. It melted it. funny thing is though, the lights, though a little deformed still worked!!!! just a little twisted from the heat and the 3m melted. going to put it on another part of the hole not close to the exhaust and it should be fine.

b_033.jpg

put these under the front. they dont have a really bright look but it may be due to the black back ground and the limited amount of light. not to bad though

b_037.jpg

I havent had time to put the switch in place yet. It will go on the left side of the tank on the plastic lower cover. a simple fix. I did buy some extra connectors and wire. the reason is so that i could connect the lights from each side of the fairings together so that they can be detached easy enough for oil changes or what ever.

not bad for a "non technical" kinda guy!  
beerchug.gif
  Wheres the pics with the LED's on?

Nevermind... your still posting!
crazy.gif

I used jb weld on the grill screens when i put them on. 500 degree or something like that. Unfortunately I cant get a good pic yet of the lights on so everyone can see them. i just have a little digi camera and it isn't all that great. I will try to add one some how to show everyone. the color of the lights is red. they had several choices but i think this was the best. I like the quality. its sturdy stuff. I dont know if it was worth the money really but it does look kinda cool.....In retrospect i think i would have been better off spending that money on some chrome instead but thats ok. it does turn some heads at night for sure.....thanks for lookin! hope no one fell asleep.....lol
crazy.gif

As long as you like it bro... all is good! Sure would like to see what it looks like lit up though! I want LED's on my bike bad! Want some red ones!
firedevil.gif

Back