I got the house

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
egitarre77.gif
  After some back and forth nonsense we finally agreed on a price.  They came down another $2000 off their asking price so I got a good price.  The inspector came over today and we spent about 2 hours going over it top to bottom.  There was nothing major wrong but a lot of little net picky odds and ends.  The biggest expense is going to be the carpet throughout the house has to go but other then that it needs some drywall work and a good cleaning.  There is also some wood rot here and there but nothing I can't fix myself.  Time to break out the hammer, saw and  
muscle.gif
.  One a good note they fixed the pool already and it looks very inviting.  It's going to be some hard work but I'm looking forward to it.  I think it is going to be fun and a good learing experience.  
cool.gif

I don't have the before pictures yet but I will be getting them soon.  Here is what The Pool looks like now.  
super.gif

****I got the pictures of the pond****  
crazy.gif

eek2.gif

tounge.gif
See them at the end of the page 2 and onto page 3.  
wow.gif

IMG_1588__Small_.JPG

another view of the pool and the party deck that is of poor construction that is going to come down.

IMG_1591__Small_.JPG

dry wall work. most of the seems have cracked so they need to be worked. The textured ceilings are going to be sanded smooth and redone.

IMG_1594__Small_.JPG

My neice will love this room. So I can't repaint the Spong Bob room
laugh.gif

IMG_1604__Small_.JPG

so if you dont mind me asking how much it did it all cost with closing?
that is a very nice house and the backyard is outstanding with the inground pool. just wow i would take pride in that. one day i will buy untill then i will just stay in gov't quaters.

Congrats, really nice house. Once you have a 3 car garage, its tough to go back to a two car.

(smonroe86 @ Sep. 01 2007,16:03) so if you dont mind me asking how much it did it all cost with closing?
that is a very nice house and the backyard is outstanding with the inground pool. just wow i would take pride in that.  one day i will buy untill then i will just stay in gov't quaters.
Thanks and I've got big plans for the yard and house to bring it back up to speed.
The house is 173,000 and the closing cost should be $1800 but I'm buying down the intrest rate for $4000 more.  That will put me down to 6.125% with no mortgage insurance with only 5% down.  
super.gif
  So total out of pocket is $14,000 give or take.

(twotonevert @ Sep. 01 2007,16:12) Congrats, really nice house. Once you have a 3 car garage, its tough to go back to a two car.
Thanks My last house had an oversized two car garage and that was making it really hard to look at normal sized ones. So I know your rigth about the three car.
cool.gif

Back