Said goodbye to a dear friend

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
And thus ends 12 years of having my Danes...it's damn tough, but I had wonderful friends to help us out last night. A good friend and recent vet school grad came over after work and helped ease Scooby's old bones. She and her husband were so kind, had everything planned and took him to the vet's office where he'll be picked up today for cremation. Scooby wasn't under any stress and we could say our goodbyes without any other worries; it meant a lot to us.

I miss him so, I can't even describe what our house feels like right now...just give your pooch an extra hug today because we just don't have them long enough
sad.gif

Here's a close up of Scooby from years ago...we always loved that pic
smile.gif
And the inset is Maggie; we lost her in February of 2006...so many great memories with these dogs; they'll be missed by many...

bigscoob.jpg

M- soory to hear that Scooby is gone - let us know if you need anything... I know that losing him was losing part of the family.
sad.gif

Michelle - I'm so sorry to hear
sad.gif

I know what you're going thru... Please let me know if there's anything I can do...

hey VB 12 years is a lonnng time, and i know how pets "do" become family [notice i did'nt say "like" family].

Sorry to hear about your Family's loss.. Hard to explain to the kids I'm sure..
sad.gif

Sorry for your lose. It is very hard when we lose such good friends. Hope your kiddos are taking it well.

Thanks guys and gals...I'm a mess today, but I know we all face this with our pets...it was just time...
sad.gif

Thanks Gunny...
smile.gif

Kids are doing just fine...they weren't there when we put him down, but David, my 5 year old, wanted to know "how does he get up to the sky?" and Sam, my almost 7 year old was just sad and said he was going to miss him...today, life resumed as usual for the kids, so that's good...

It's just my cat and 6 fish
smile.gif
The vet bills will be smaller now...

smile.gif

I'm sorry to hear that Michelle. We had to put our Lab down in Feb. She was trying to please us to the very end regardless for how much she was suffering. We miss her, it is hard, but it was the best thing we could do for her.

(Professor @ Aug. 29 2007,10:20) I'm sorry to hear that Michelle. We had to put our Lab down in Feb. She was trying to please us to the very end regardless for how much she was suffering.  We miss her, it is hard, but it was the best thing we could do for her.
I'm sorry to hear it Rick...
sad.gif

I keep reminding myself that we're fortunate we can ease their suffering. Just like a dog too, to want to please right up 'til the end. Last night, when our friends pulled up in the driveway, Scooby slowly got up and did his "Big Man" stance at the top of the stairs, barked several times to just let 'em know who was boss
smile.gif
He hadn't barked in a while, so we got a few smiles from that...
smile.gif

smile.gif

I'm sorry - It's a sad and empty feeling when they're not there anymore.... We'll be thinking of you guys.

sad to here...had to put down one of are dogs earlier in the year.Just let the vet take care of it.Casey was 12

wow.gif
I'm so sorry for the loss of your family member~ Believe me,  
I know how hard it can be to loose one of your best friends~ I'm
sure Scooby is having loads of fun chasing that big dog bone in the sky~

My most sincere condolences to you and your family...  
sad.gif

Buford T Justice sends his best as well..
Justiceface.jpg

Awww...how's Buford doing? Don't you just love those closeup shots they insist that you take?
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone...means a lot...

Back