time to spew forth your relationship knowledge

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, a plethera of questions. I know there's 3 women on here and hoping they will reply, mostly because guys are all idiots and we all know it [I'm a guy, I know]. I'm confident in what I know and have no problems relating to the better sex, but peoples perspectives on these sorts of topics are always intersting. This is mostly for entertainment value so throw in your thoughts, experiences and opinions.

1) GENERALLY, do women prefer a clean shaven face or a bearded or scruffy one? I won't taint the responses until later

2) Why do women continuously go into bars to 'meet' people [read guys] only to constantly complain about the 'type' of people they meet?? Like, duh... go to the same type of place = meet same type of people

3) If bars are just funs places to hang out, why don't women still go there after they find someone and get married? Is the whole bar thang simply mate selection and capture? I don't want to STOP dancing after I get married, especially if that was common ground when we met

4) How often do women work extra hard to be seen in everyday situations? Do you stage "chance" meetings and alter your path or direction to ensure a meeting accident? Guys do this all the time but we are not allowed to tell you about it... secret covenant thing [but no silly hats involved]

Number 4 relates to an instance this morning: I was dashing into Walgreens [yes, literally dashing] and this girl was coming out and I think I scared her in a good way. She stopped stunned for a moment, thinking I might mow her down and we locked eyes. Now in MY book, eyelock occurring for more than 1 and a half seconds signals at a minimum, a level primal physical attraction, she watched me run in the other door and I was looking right back at her thinking "Dang! Fine looking sunday morning girl" but forgot to look for a ring. So she was leaving and I was happy I got to admire her beauty for a couple seconds. Okay, fine. I go get my blue Gatorade, which is really just my excuse to go to that Walgreens and chit chat with the hottie at the cash register [see, how that planning bit works?] but she wasn't there this morning
sad.gif
. When I start getting rung up, who comes stolling back in thru the front doors of the place but the tragically beaufitul angel that I had passed a minute ago who was LEAVING! Again, she locks eyes with me and has this little smile, and she KEEPS looking at me. Then she stands behind me in line like she forgot to buy a stick of gum or something. My mind was racing like it would in any guy's and I fought back the urge to use some standard opener like "Forget something?" "This IS a great place to shop over and over at isn't it?" or "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?? Oh yeah! The entrance to this building" but I try not to get involved as I suffer from Peter Pan Syndrome to the degree of possibly never wanting a house, SUV or children which cuts down my dating potential to approximatetly 1 percent of the female population. Otherwise I would just be wasting her time and causing her confusion. Aren't I nice??
smile.gif
An opportunity was shoved down my throat... I consider it a miracle. Other's won't. Anyway, after I paid for my blue Gatorade, for some reason I looked down at the floor for a second... and just incase *I* had missed it, the fellow that was infront of me stepped up and pointed it out: "Excuse me, did you drop that picture?" he asked as I was bending down to pick up a wallet sized pic of a little boy. "No, that's not mine", I said looking up AGAIN locking eyes with the OH MY GOD! I just now realized she looked EXACTLY like Kirsten Dunst, Amazing, I checked IMDB.com [I'm not a dunst fan, took me a while to figure it out]! No really. I thought she looked familiar, it really could have been HER in person. Wow. okay, so I eyelocked with her again and said, "Is this yours?" holding the picture up, she didn't speak, she just shook her head 'no' slightly, still looking into my eyes, still with a slight smile that said "Come on, you freak! I came all the way back in here, with NO REASON WHATSOEVER so you could open a conversation with me! What's it gonna be???" I grabbed my Gaterade and walked out, got in my car and drove home. I realize the entire episode COULD have been completely innocent and unplanned... but still..... come on, it happens. Yes, I'm looking pretty good today, shiney black shoes, bootcut jeans and matching demin jacket, 5 oclock shadow scruff but trimmed beard fuzz, spikey gelled hair and those pointless half-shaded hollywood style sunglasses. How could she NOT look! HAHAHAHHAA

Yes, this is how guys think sometimes. Do women do that too? I know SOME have in my past. Wondering how many work at it like that?

4 questions. Spew forth your wisdoms!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "pic"|1079285103 -->

holycow.jpg

Dude.. I think a call to Dr. Phil is in order for you!!
tounge.gif
  Good story.

Oh ya, I've been married too long to have any worthwhile relationship knowledge.. I'm just a confused husband.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079285583 -->

Well I may be way off based but this is just my opinion women and facial hair it depends my GF for instance always told me she liked clean shaved men and i was a clean shaved guy so hey i can buy they well i didn't see her for about a month. Well i grew a goat tee mustache combo what ever ya call it well just just loves that now so on that it depends on the women and the man she is probly with.
rock.gif

AS for the bar i can only think it's considered a level playing field nothing specific about it now for instance if you where to meet in a museum then there would be more pressure on the type of person ya are but considering most anyone goes into bar myself included but not ofen when the weather is prime for riding i'm out doing that or other things. I've told a few women if ya want the really nice guys and trying to mee them at the bar there usually the ones not drinking cause there the DD for the night or something to that effecct cause most of the time they do many other things then go to the bar every single weekend now this is just my observation and opinion on it. so
cool.gif

And yes i know my grammer and punction sucks

As for 3 i'd like to know myself but here is a spin they don't want US guys staring at other women or US guys getting possibly jealous over them seeing another guy there or something personally i have no problem with my GF haveing guy friends she just simply makes them better then women granted a new Guy friend i do get a bit worrysome over but if she has know them for longer then me then hay no sweat
smile.gif

And as for 4 i think you where right and she was comeing back in to have a chance encounter with ya and hopefully get a conversation started and who knows ya mighta just blown a chance at a great women i used to do that to much also till finnally i said ya know gotta take the chance ya might be really happy that ya did and well with my current GF i couldn;t be happier
biggrin.gif

Chow for now

1) Most of my previous g/f's liked clean shaven. The current likes the scruff. I hate being clean shaven all the time... I"m diggin this.
smile.gif

2) Women are hoping to find that "bad boy" that they've been looking for hoping they can mold him into a nice guy but still have the bad boy image.
rock.gif

3)
rock.gif

4)
rock.gif

5) wait there was only 4.... :p

you blew it d00d... shoulda asked her out for coffee... it is sunday morning ya know...

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
 there is hmm i shall have to search for that then what symbol is it?

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: "Spelling"|1079290419 -->

I knew that part but in the add reply area i was looking for a check but i must be blind damn new eye surgery anyways i don't wana step on WWJD's post anymore thanks???

uh wwjd, I would have to say you dropped the ball :-( too bad sounds like a good hook up? it happens, just remember this, the longer you go without saying anything the more she loses interest, women love spontaneity and confidence, especially if your confident she is beautiful
biggrin.gif

I hate to say this dubdub........but you may be the stupidist man I know.......I actually think yer a cool dude.......but you may have just passed up an extremely happy/wealthy life with one of the most beautiful woman in Hollywood, only because, what.......you had to get drinken yer Gatorade. I'm comin down there........gonna kick ya in the nuts bro......lord knows you'll never need them.

Just had to say it!
Peace though
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

biggrin.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back