978.8 mile on the busa this weekend

00busaTX

aegri somnia, and proud member of P. E. A.
Donating Member
Registered
So I traveled up to Kansas City from Dallas this weekend to see some family.  I decided that with the sunny weather and me feeling fearless I would take the busa.  

I was actually surprised at how well my body held up.  Thanks to the tank bag for holding up my head and my chest, my shoulder is the only thing that actually hurts.

I left on Friday morning at around 6:00am and arrived at 2:30.  I took the bike out  a couple times on Saturday and then decided to leave at 5:00 am this morning to miss more sun and heat.  It was smart leaving earlier but it still got to about 100 degrees.  Oh well, it was fun and I caught quite a few riders along the way, only problem is that those Harley's dont want to go any faster than 60mph.  I also met some cool people that stopped with me to get gas and such.

Needless to say, it was a blast and I figure I saved over $150 in gas not driving my truck.
super.gif

Dam now THAT's some mileage!! I think you even beat Jessup and he rides everywhere!

Glad to hear you had no mechanical issues too- I just love the reliability of this bike.

BF

very nice...the more you do it, the easier it gets
beerchug.gif

semi is right ...the more you do...the easier it gets....

200 miles in a day used to kill me. Now I do 400 mile days routinely....
chicago to galena
Chicago to mount horeb wisconsin...beautiful rides.....

I did 750 miles last weekend.....and 425 miles this past weekend.

you just need to pace yourself....take breaks.....rest....

my best is 503 miles in one day....my hands were numb afterword....but it was great.

Oh and did I mention my odometer just went past 40,000 miles two days ago.....and my bike is an 03 model.

Now mechanical problems in 4.5 seasons....the bike is extremely reliable assuming you take care of it.....

super.gif
super.gif
bowdown.gif
now thats a ride

nules are rules if theres no pics it did not hapen
wow.gif

J/K
beerchug.gif

super.gif

That's awesome....would have been cool to have driven the extra 21.2 Miles just to make it an even 1000!!

(ranman @ Aug. 13 2007,21:41)
super.gif

super.gif

bowdown.gif
 now thats a ride

nules are rules if theres no pics it did not hapen
wow.gif

J/K
beerchug.gif
Ok, I did not get pictures on the ride but here are 4 pics to try to help prove that it happened.  
First is the Trip odometer.
Second is the Gas Mileage.
Third is the Odometer now... (Remember I only had 1400 miles on the bike when I bought it in May.
Fourth is the Bugs from lovely Missouri at 5 in the morning.  I am glad we do not get bugs like that in TX.

I hope that you can appreciate that I did not want to slow down in the heat and take pictures of the nothingness that was my trip.  That, and I did not bring the camera (this will be a must for next time).  Also, the only part of me that is still sore is my danged shoulder.  I do believe the electronic cruise control will be my next mod.  LOL

1120776146_e5ae952844_o.jpg

1120776122_89ca96de27_o.jpg

1120776168_994f1e54d0_o.jpg

1120776106_4e9948a4a0_o.jpg

super.gif

Back