Cost Of A Really Nice Paint Job?

Scarabsport

Registered
Kind of a two part question.
So many of the Busas on this site have really beautiful paint jobs and I was wondering what is involved in those paint jobs,  in other  words what kind of paint, how many coats, clear coat(?) etc that make them look so good, ....that deep and shiny look?  Not necessarily show quality shall we say a beautiful bike that will be ridden, not shown?
And the big question?
rock.gif
?   for let's say a single color paint job where you drop your faded drab bike the bike off with the stock paint and go back two weeks later to pick up the "new" beautiful bike what is a reasonable price to pay?
(I don't even want to know how much some of the really elaborate paint jobs would cost)
Thanks

Revolution did mine.  I think what he charges is a bargan.  I'm sure he'll post up in this thread. You'll have to get a quote for exactly what you want done.  Since you are new, I'll post a pic of it here for ya.

BusaCheerleader.jpg

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 10 2007,15:43) Revolution did mine.  I think what he charges is a bargan.  I'm sure he'll post up in this thread. You'll have to get a quote for exactly what you want done.  Since you are new, I'll post a pic of it here for ya.
thanks D.

i'm not responsible for any spousal arguments stemming from attraction of the opposite sex due to my paintjobs
laugh.gif

---------------------------------------------------------

yeah i can hook you up with paint. check out my website www.revolutioncustompaint.com

i'd like to help you out on the inners but i just do full custom paint/airbrushing.

i think someone on the board does inners though.

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 10 2007,15:15)
(stlbusarider @ Aug. 10 2007,14:45) Dennis who are the girls?  Bring them along on sunday!
That's Erin and Kelly.  Kind of hard to ride 3 up.  No pun intended  
laugh.gif
i have a back seat and would be more than willing to take one of them off your hands
biggrin.gif

of course, i'm just doing this to help you out
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Paint job should run around $500 to $1500 for a solid color.
The $500 would be if you pulled the parts and they had no damage. $1500 would be if you had the bodyshop take the bike apart and it needed body work.

Here's a pic of mine with aftermarket paint.

today_1__Medium_.JPG

Whipped, it took me a minute to notice there was a Busa in the picture. I will talk to your guy when I can take my eyes off what's on your Busa. Bike looks good too I think. My eyes keep going back to the girls.
And Hondapwr, your pic does show that shiny/deep look I was talking about. Thaty's exactly what I meant.

Back