Las Vegsa car rental

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
Had to go to Las Vegas for a convention so I decided to travel in style (since I couldn't bring the 'busa)

I used my Marriott points to score this beauty...2008 Corvette with 2 miles on it!! Whoooooo..
super.gif
I had to help remove the shipping plastic on it.

Let's just say the 500+ miles on put on it in 3 days was the most fun I've had on 4 wheels in awhile. That car won't be the same again.

corvette.jpg

i install the nevelost and sat. radios into the hertz vehicles..... i get to play with all of the cool cars........ shoulda rented urself an 08 shelby mustang!!!!

(OZZY @ Aug. 07 2007,19:00) i install the nevelost and sat. radios into the hertz vehicles..... i get to play with all of the cool cars........ shoulda rented urself an 08 shelby mustang!!!!
Lol...believe me, I had a struggle choosing between the two. Next time I'll be sure to give the Ford a shot.

I was in Vegas this past weekend also. Almost rented a bike for the day Saturday, but too damn hot. 106 degrees. Found a place that rents BMW. Maybe next time. I did see a Busa up by Red Rocks Canyon, "board member" ? Very expensive weekend. Rented a Pt Cruiser convertible. P.O.S. Thought I was getting a Mustang but they pulled the old switch a roo.

(needlepimp @ Aug. 08 2007,08:42) Just a tip: never buy a car that was once a rental.
JFYI, the Hertz GT350H's are selling for over twice the original cost, I've seen them on ebay for $90,000 +.
smile.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Aug. 08 2007,10:26)
(needlepimp @ Aug. 08 2007,08:42) Just a tip: never buy a car that was once a rental.
JFYI, the Hertz GT350H's are selling for over twice the original cost, I've seen them on ebay for $90,000 +.
smile.gif
ive been told by Hertz management that there were a few that went for over 250k at an auction in Minnesota.

here in cleveland, we have a car collector that has two shelby's from last yr (hard tops) and is spending over 40k to rent 2 of the new shelby's (convertible) to store until its time for Hertz to get rid of them. the 2 he is renting now still have all the new car plastic on them.

keep in mind hertz does rent bmw, porsche, mercedes, etc. jsut depends on the city u are in and the availability of the vehicle.

(OZZY @ Aug. 07 2007,21:00) i install the nevelost and sat. radios into the hertz vehicles..... i get to play with all of the cool cars........ shoulda rented urself an 08 shelby mustang!!!!
How much per day for the 08 Shelby??
rock.gif

(Shibumi @ Aug. 08 2007,13:36)
(OZZY @ Aug. 07 2007,21:00) i install the nevelost and sat. radios into the hertz vehicles.....  i get to play with all of the cool cars........  shoulda rented urself an 08 shelby mustang!!!!
How much per day for the 08 Shelby??  
rock.gif
im not sure what other cities are charging, but i know in Cleveland they lowered the price to like $150 per day which is down from $250.

(dadofthree @ Aug. 08 2007,11:24) Any vibration reports
firedevil.gif
Lol....no, no vibration. No trunk space either. But gobs of power, especially when I took the traction control off. The valet guys at the hotel told me they knew when I was leaving and arriving.

Whenever I get a rental car for work, usually Enterpise, I like asking for the free Corvette upgrade. You can tell the people who have a good personality by their responses.

.....I also ask if I get get the full coverage insurance for the last day only. That really freaks them out.
SHOCKED.gif

(rockadaous @ Aug. 20 2007,12:27) look'n good brotha. now where all the pics of the honey's you pulled
beerchug.gif
I was too busy to take any but you can see most of them in any one of the following magazines....

King
Playboy

...sounded good.
all_coholic.gif

Back