Heading to the Northwest

(manatrader @ Aug. 01 2007,21:36)
(ozz @ Aug. 01 2007,18:48) Placerville is my home turf here so from P-ville take hw49 to Nevada City and stay on 49 thru Downieville to hwy89     89 will take you past Clear Lake to 36/89 and in the front door of Lassen thru the park and out to 44/89, stay 89 and that will take you all the way to I-5 where you can get on the freeway for a bit and then hit 97 off of I-5       you could also take 299 off of 89 and continue heading north to 139 towards Klamath Falls and into Oregon and stay away from the freeway  
smile.gif
   its 10.00 bucks i think to drive thru Lassen...its worth it!
What do you think of Hwy 70?

Lassen is $5 for motorcycles, lots of construction in the park so be ready to wait 20 minutes. Go through at noon and the construction crews are at lunch!

My busa is in the junkyard in Happy Camp right now, waiting for the insurance company to come and get it.

Pretty sure it's totaled, hit a dam deer up there last week.
wow.gif
I was thinkin' 10 bucks b ut 5's even better
biggrin.gif

hwy 70 is fast and fun and loaded with CHP    

Shortboarder you cross the river a few times and go thru a tunnel or two     its a pretty ride though as you ride up thru the canyon along the river but i would try to take a less traveled road to get up to elevation   if you go my way from P-ville you will be up in the woods heading north the whole time, going right passed the top of 70 on your way to Lassen and can avoid the valley ride to make it to hwy70    the valley is hot and loaded with CHP      so i think your best bet is to stay on 49 and head out that way

if you do be carfull on 49 as well untill you get a ways passed Downieville    the CHP likes to sit right outside of the city limits of downieville and hammer people as they enter town    this section of 49 is well know among the locals and the cops here to    after that your on 89 and headed north
beerchug.gif
    but some awsome twisties
race.gif

so from P-ville to Downieville on HWY49 is ticket territory, but once past that section it is less patroled       after you leave P-ville you will go thru Coloma (gold discovery site 1848) and then the town of Cool and thru Auburn on to Grass Valley     Gas up there and head on out 49 to Downieville    Get Gas    there are only two stations there and on up to hwy89
cool.gif

oh ya ther is one other town after Grass Valley but before Downieville it is Nevada City its maybe 8 miles up the road from Grass Valley and theres gas there to

Chuck Yeager lives in Grass Valley you know the test pilot

(ozz @ Aug. 02 2007,15:flamethrowing:) oh ya   ther is one other town after Grass Valley but before Downieville    it is Nevada City    its maybe 8 miles up the road from Grass Valley and theres gas there to

Chuck Yeager lives in Grass Valley     you know the test pilot
Cool, I must have missed Chuck, Hwy 49 was a cool route, we rode that a few years ago.
One of those gas stations on Hwy 89, I'm not sure if you can read the price but be ready to pay for it.

DSC01451_1.JPG

Back