Just bought SLR camera

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
I am by no means a great photographer. I just bought a Olympus Evolt Slr camera to take pics of my investment houses. I needed a camera with a low zoom range to get wide angle shots. Bought a .45 wide angle lens and Elovt goes down to 14mm. Anyway, was playing around and took some shots. Thought I would share.

P7211020__Medium_.JPG

Last pic was my son and his cousin. This one was from car show. Yanko ( oh yeah)

P7211081__Medium_.JPG

Blakes little cousin Sidney and her mother ( wife's sister in law) and my wife in blue.

P7291158__Medium_.JPG

Anyone know of any websites that might help me learn to use this complicated camera would be greatly appreciated. Thinking of taking some classes. alot of my job consists of selling and knowing how to take pics well helps. I love this new camera, my old one was stolen. Decided to go with a slr.

I have recently purchased the Canon XTI 10.2 MP digital SLR. I am trying to figure out all of the things that this camera does also.

IMG_1614.JPG

(Fate @ Jul. 29 2007,14:02) Anyone know of any websites that might help me learn to use this complicated camera would be greatly appreciated. Thinking of taking some classes. alot of my job consists of selling and knowing how to take pics well helps. I love this new camera, my old one was stolen. Decided to go with a slr.
KS-Waterbugs wife got me hooked on this site.. Nikon cafe

Magic Lantern makes a great series of books that are camera specific.

Don

BTW, I have the Evolt E-500.

(USN05LE @ Jul. 29 2007,16:04) Magic Lantern makes a great series of books that are camera specific.

Don

BTW, I have the Evolt E-500.
I checked out the Nikon and was going to get the 500 but started checking out the 330 and 300's on ebay used. I so alot of internet stuff so was not worried about going over 8mp. The 10 is more than I need alteast for now. I am having a blast with this Evolt camera. Don't think I could ever use anything but an SLR now. I can see how it can become addicting. I was playing with delaying the flash and got some really cool effects with cars driving by. I have a macro lens for close ups and have been playing with it. The wide angle lens I bought picks up almost the entire room when I shoot house room shots which is great for what I do. My old camera pretty much just did a nice shot of one of the walls. Could not get a feel for the rooms with smaller cameras.

Check out Schiller photo. I believe they have classes here in St. Louis. I have a Canon A-640. Still learning all the cool stuff it does.

Fate, the 500 is an 8 meg camera. The 510 is the 10 meg with live view. I took a 4 week camera class at our local photography shop. Helped tons.

Don

We are, indeed, a group of toy 'junkies'. Gotta love it.

Nice shots; thanks for sharing.

Back