Need rear stand recommendation

jerry chabino

Registered
Hi all,

I want to get a rear stand for my new 07. Sure could use some recommendations from you all. I've never had one so I have no clue how they work.

Jerry

Redline stands kick a$$.  Just missed a raffle for a set a couple weeks ago.
T-Rex stands are cheap ($100) for both), but get the job done.
Pitbull stands are sturdy for the long haul and a little more $ ($120) for both.

You will need rear swingarm spools that screw right into the swingarm. You'll see the little threaded hole each side. Some stand companies actually give them to you with the stands, like T-Rex.
Front stands have a little 1/2 post that slips up into the ends of your forks. Some front stands, actually lift the bike by the tripple tree. Good for changing out forks and measuring out fork adjustments, but a little more money.

You talk to 5 people, you will get 5 different answers.

We sell more Redline Stands at our shop that all the other ones carry combined.

Redline or pitbull...I have a pitbull rear and a redline front. Just make sure it holds well and is easy for you to use alone.
beerchug.gif

Stand.jpg

I have the T-rex stands and have been pretty happy with them overall, especialy for the money. Are the pitbulls better stands? sure they are. But, as was stated, you aren't going to get ONE pitbull stand for what you pay for the T-rex stands.

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 26 2007,13:24) Redline or pitbull...I have a pitbull rear and a redline front.  Just make sure it holds well and is easy for you to use alone.
beerchug.gif
this works great, unless you're not as confident to steady the bike upright while lifting the tail, clearing the kick stand and praying the bike doesn't tip over...know what I mean, happen to me.

I'm going to get one of those Condor floormount front wheel chock to steady the bike upright and a rear fork stand to lift...easy.

I have Redline stands. I love them. I can't remember what they call them, but they have the casters built into them so you can roll your bike around. They are very well built and definately built to last longer than your bike will. I can't think of any other stand I would recommend!!
bowdown.gif

(ibified @ Jul. 26 2007,16:56) I have the T-rex stands and have been pretty happy with them overall, especialy for the money.  Are the pitbulls better stands? sure they are.  But, as was stated, you aren't going to get ONE pitbull stand for what you pay for the T-rex stands.
+1 work great for me

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 26 2007,16:24) Redline or pitbull...I have a pitbull rear and a redline front.  Just make sure it holds well and is easy for you to use alone.
beerchug.gif
I really like my Pit Bulls... especially the forward handle rear stand.  I don't trip on it when moving around the scoot!  
cool.gif

IMG_3369.jpg

(Learjett @ Jul. 26 2007,22:40)
(BlueHaya @ Jul. 26 2007,16:24) Redline or pitbull...I have a pitbull rear and a redline front.  Just make sure it holds well and is easy for you to use alone.
beerchug.gif
I really like my Pit Bulls... especially the forward handle rear stand.  I don't trip on it when moving around the scoot!  
cool.gif

IMG_3369.jpg
Pit bull. Hey Bob, those look just like mine.
biggrin.gif
great choice.
smile.gif

Back