Left for a short ride....

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
I ended up the highest Hayabusa East of the Mississippi today! Took the bike up to Mt. Mitchell here in N.C. (on a whim) via hwy 80 and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very nice riding with some beautiful country side. Of course the 'busa ended up as the center of attention. Good 500 mile day all in all.

Here are some pics I took along the way....enjoy

1.JPG

Cool Deal...I have always wanted to ride up that way! I cant wait for the pics ...Jay

We should make it a group ride Jay...lots of fun with some great twisties on Hwy 80....nearly scared myself a couple of times.

5160.JPG

Nice reflector shots, joking dude. When I get my chain, we'll hook up and ride. How did it feel in the mountains ?

Here's the Harley folks I was talking with. It's funny, once we get off our bikes we're all pretty much the same.....we love motorcycling.

harley.JPG

(dadofthree @ Jul. 21 2007,17:42) Nice reflector shots, joking dude. When I get my chain, we'll hook up and ride. How did it feel in the mountains ?
No worries D03...I'm wearing those reflectors like a badge of honor. I look forward to riding with any or all of you that were at the last gathering. Good times!
beerchug.gif

She felt superb in the mountains but I was pretty tentative I think. (That's another word for skeered)

hey- the last time i rode the Blue Ridge Parkway was about 12 years
ago on my 1986 Harley FLT. isn't the speed limit 50 MPH strictly enforced?
besides that- a very very nice ride. time to take my new BUSA up there.
so many nice roads that only a motorcyclist can experience in such a special way. to steal a quote from Harley t-shirts. "if i have to explain-
you wouldn't understand". Be Blessed! sc<><

(shortcut @ Jul. 21 2007,17:59) hey- the last time i rode the Blue Ridge Parkway was about 12 years
ago on my 1986 Harley FLT. isn't the speed limit 50 MPH strictly enforced?
<><
The speed limit on the Blue Ridge was 45....but I didn't see one LEO the entire time on it. Now elsewhere was a different story.....LEO's were coming out of the woodwork.

Looks like a good time. we'll have to make that our next GTG. And to think I sat home all day. I was supposed to go to a wedding, but i think that was a ploy to keep me from ride'n
guns.gif
if you have a wim like that again call me bro
super.gif

Back