Friday was good,

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Edit: I hit the Enter key before I finished the Title, Durrh!

I had so much fun on Friday I decided to do it again Sat, and then Sun too.  I brought the camera this time.  I hope more people post pics when they get out as the weather gets better.

Enough blabbin', Sat pics:
View from Angeles Crest.

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078219733 -->

Angeles_Crest_View_5.JPG

Overlooking the "Snake" a little twisty part just past the Rock Store.

Mulholland_Overlook_1.JPG

Is this Jester's bike?
face7.gif

Lovely velour!
(he's gonna kill me to within an inch of my life!)
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078220362 -->

Fuzzy_Bike.JPG

looks like that woulda been tons of fun!!!

awesome, man! I'm thinking about moving over to AZ or TX, but I'm very intrigued by the call of the canyons in Cali. Do you know of any places you can recommend?

awesome, man! I'm thinking about moving over to AZ or TX, but I'm very intrigued by the call of the canyons in Cali. Do you know of any places you can recommend?
The Greater Los Angeles area is really big.  Real estate prices and rents are equally high.  Doc thought I was joking since I have Canyon Country on my avatar, but it's a real town about 10 min north of the L.A. city limits. (it all blends together)  Housing is cheaper the farther away from L.A. you go, but you have to drive farther to work.  I like Santa Clarita, it's not too far away from L.A. has a more diverse population, and real estate is not completely through the roof.
 And it's half and hour from the Crest and Mulholland, and 10 min from my favorite little canyon.

Gotta pic me up a new compact digicam or get my S400 fixed for just that purpose. It'd be a beeyotch to carry the digital SLR and lenses on a ride.
wink.gif

Here's my trusty little Sony Cybershot U.
It fits into my jacket pocket, and I have taken pics while riding.

My_Camera.JPG

Look, you just take out the camera on the fwy and snap a pic! This is my friend Karen.

Karen_Fwy.JPG

nice pics, looks like fun,
I haven't hit the Rock Star or Angeles Crest in about 5 years.
how was the busa on the twisties? were you gettin killed by GSXR's and R1's?

nice pics, looks like fun,
I haven't hit the Rock Star or Angeles Crest in about 5 years.
how was the busa on the twisties? were you gettin killed by GSXR's and R1's?
5 years!  It's time to make a trip up there.

As far as the GSXRs and the R1s, I ride my own ride, if they want to pass, I let them.  On the big sweepers, they don't usually get too close behind. I think a lot of people are surprised how well the Busa does in the twisty stuff. It's a little work, but you can flick it all the way side to side pretty easily.

We have to get the SoCal people together for a ride!

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: "forgot the y in they"|1078814567 -->

Back