Look out Busa and ZX14

I just thought this was interesting reading given that the Busa and Zx14 engineers (Japan) have been going head to head and suddenly, out of nowhere (Europe) comes this F4 claiming to blow both of em off the track.

Still love my Busa and do not plan on changing.
super.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 04 2007,10:01)
(JINKSTER @ Jul. 04 2007,08:28) gee...$24K and it looks like they almost put a seat on it too!
laugh.gif

i guess my thinkings opposite of a lot of folks here...i love my busa for it's kickazz powerband...amazing agility and handling for a bike of it's mass & weight and?...it's all day long riding comfort..sorta like an ST1300 except way sexier, far more powerful and actually handles..therefore?..i have found my utopian streetbike in my busa...now?...if i wanted a trackbike?...i'm looking at something like a $4K R6 that ain't gonna hold me back or pi$$ me off if i toss it a time or two...but not a $24K F4...yet another fine example of "garage jewelery"...ready to be parked righjt next to an unridden duc in some rich boys stable..so he can snap pix to post on the net and say..."look what i got".
laugh.gif

cynical...aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Exactly what I was thinking...
laugh.gif

Then when they do ride it, it's the local 500
with no helmet and leather birkenstocks.
Untill you've had a leg over an Italian pony....you really are talking out your ****. Nothing personal, just my experience. I'm on my second Duc and can say that there is no direct comparison possible with a Japanese mount. Oh and that seat....its not for parking a size xxxl a$$ on for 4 hours.....its specifically designed to allow the pilot to easily transition from one side of the machine to the other, and is a brilliant design in that respect.
Now having said all that let me also say: If I could keep only one bike in the stable, it would be my Busa. IMO the Busa is the "Swiss army knife" of sportbikes. Fast, comfy, stable and stone cold reliable.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Jet Li @ Jul. 04 2007,08:21) I just thought this was interesting reading given that the Busa and Zx14 engineers (Japan) have been going head to head and suddenly, out of nowhere (Europe) comes this F4 claiming to blow both of em off the track.

Still love my Busa and do not plan on changing.
super.gif
hey...jus so ya don't take me wrong here i appreciate everybody doing all the posting and sharing of tech info and pix of newly released and unleashed powerbikes...i get to learn a lot here by folks doing so...so the next question i would pose is stuff like...

1. would the extra 1mph in top speed be worth the extra $14,000 over my slightly modded busa?

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

and that was on a known to be "MEAN" dyno...not a happy one.

and question #2 would be...

"how fast does it get too 193mph?"

oh i know...it's got those cool and unique euro styling cues...and i've seen "class" pick a good fight before...but i've never seen it win in the end over being..."out-gunned"..i can get "unique" race plastic designed and fabbed up at a number of places...and the radiator won't be placed in a position that favors style over function.

but?...i'm screwed up...i grew up dirt biking and trail racing through the woods of south florida circa early '70's...and i always admired the young poor brave under-dogs on their 90cc benelli's with a duct taped seat and exhaust hanging from a coathanger...or the guy with the Hodaka Super Rat that showed using a pair of vice-grips for a shifter lever cause his broke off in a go down...and i loved it when young ballsy riders like that served the brand new CANAM and YZ250 guys their azz on a silver platter...cause they were my friends.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(cosmo @ Jul. 04 2007,08:41)
(Luvanicebum @ Jul. 04 2007,10:01)
(JINKSTER @ Jul. 04 2007,08:28) gee...$24K and it looks like they almost put a seat on it too!
laugh.gif

i guess my thinkings opposite of a lot of folks here...i love my busa for it's kickazz powerband...amazing agility and handling for a bike of it's mass & weight and?...it's all day long riding comfort..sorta like an ST1300 except way sexier, far more powerful and actually handles..therefore?..i have found my utopian streetbike in my busa...now?...if i wanted a trackbike?...i'm looking at something like a $4K R6 that ain't gonna hold me back or pi$$ me off if i toss it a time or two...but not a $24K F4...yet another fine example of "garage jewelery"...ready to be parked righjt next to an unridden duc in some rich boys stable..so he can snap pix to post on the net and say..."look what i got".
laugh.gif

cynical...aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Exactly what I was thinking...
laugh.gif

Then when they do ride it, it's the local 500
with no helmet and leather birkenstocks.
Untill you've had a leg over an Italian pony....you really are talking out your ****. Nothing personal, just my experience. I'm on my second Duc and can say that there is no direct comparison possible with a Japanese mount. Oh and that seat....its not for parking a size xxxl a$$ on for 4 hours.....its specifically designed to allow the pilot to easily transition from one side of the machine to the other, and is a brilliant design in that respect.
Now having said all that let me also say: If I could keep only one bike in the stable, it would be my Busa. IMO the Busa is the "Swiss army knife" of sportbikes. Fast, comfy, stable and stone cold reliable.
well?..that may be...(though i have ridden numerouse liter twins and 1 friends duc998 before)..but what i allude to here is some of the more ellusive issues...such as...

okay...so ya just paid $24K for this cool italian race thoroughbred...top shelf race suspension but...are thoise fork springs properly rated and is the suspension properly sprung for the weight of the rider buying it?....survey says!...most likely not...they won't be the suspension won't bear the optimum spring rates in it's suspension for the wide and varying weights of allll the potential buyers out there.

so?..ya shelled out bigtime but still didn't get the optimum shid.

Other things?..sure...things like..how many MV Agusta dealers/service facilities are there in your area?...parts availability?....cost?....maintainance?.

now....conversly?...is it still one he11 of a ride that heads and tails over a typical and simular asian specimen?...absolutely...but NOT $14,000 worth of better...not even close...toss that same $14K into a $10K jap bike?...and you'll be wanting to ride that f4 around for a "pit bike".
laugh.gif

and for the record?...i only talk out my azz every now and then...but this ain't one of those times!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

it's a nice bike. my buds mv gets LOTS of attention, and he can RIDE. i cant knock it.

(JINKSTER @ Jul. 04 2007,11:16)
(tinmann @ Jul. 04 2007,07:42) I agree that 24K is way too much
yepper...it sho is!
laugh.gif

and the worst part is that most of that extra dough being paid is for the benefit of having chosen "euro styling" over "race functional"

jus think what you could do with a brand new $10,000 G1K just rolled off the floor with....the extra $14,000 dollars you saved...custom race bodywork and paint...Ohlins and brembos all around...custom race instrumentation/dash...$3K worth of motor work...a custom GP Exhaust from hell, custom race leathers/lid to match and enough left over for a stable of tires on CF rims...or?.....

an f4 (which will never be "modded" ) anwill remain just another expensive toy that...in stock configs?..."never will do MORE THAN 193mph"....see whaddi mean vern?
laugh.gif

or maybe i'm just a suzuki zealot.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Go easy there Jinkter that list of mods is reminding me of what the 08 don't have .

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Given these Dyno results, I'm sure if the ZX10 or GSXR1000 were derestricted, they'd be right there.. (192-193 mph).. I don't think the aerodynamics are that much different for these liter bikes.

Its SWEET hands down..
bowdown.gif

Take a chill pill bill.. Thats a nice ride and we all know it.. 24k nice, I don't know about that.. But is a M series worth the money not to me.. Is a Vette worth the money, no not to me.. Is some houses worth 500k no not to me either..

Do I have way to much money invested in my Bus.. HELL yes, but what the hell we only live once..
wink.gif

If I were rich, I would buy one for the track. But since I'm not....My 06 Gixx1K will do me just fine.

(rtvegas @ Jul. 05 2007,05:17) Given these Dyno results, I'm sure if the ZX10 or GSXR1000 were derestricted, they'd be right there..  (192-193 mph).. I don't think the aerodynamics are that much different for these liter bikes.
Derestricted with custom map and full exhaust: yes.

(Big E @ Jul. 04 2007,09:41) I guess MV Agusta wasnt involved with the gentlemans agreement to keep the bikes at 186 mph.
You are exactly right... they chose not to be part of the agreement so their talk is BS and everyone knows it.
cool.gif

(Kento-Moto @ Jul. 04 2007,09:43) I'll take 2 please!  
biggrin.gif
nice bike for sure and if it was in my budget i would definatley have one. i am turning my zx-10 into a stock compression 1078 cc bike for under 4 grand including parts, labor, and tune. should get at or close to a 20 hp gain  with head work, bore and stock cams with this set up. this should get me into the low to mid 180s at the wheel with close to stock reliability and driveability. this should be enough to hang with any of the new bikes out there regardless of cost except maybe that moto gp ducati with lights and that turbine bike for a total cost of under 14 grand.

I love the MV, and I don't care how much more it cost than a GSXR. Infact, if the closest dealer wasn't 275 miles from me, I would have one as my Busa's Significant Other
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,00:23) I love the MV, and I don't care how much more it cost than a GSXR. Infact, if the closest dealer wasn't 275 miles from me, I would have one as my Busa's Significant Other
laugh.gif
Dude, that's only an hour and a half ride on the busa, go for it
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 04 2007,21:27)
(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,00:23) I love the MV, and I don't care how much more it cost than a GSXR. Infact, if the closest dealer wasn't 275 miles from me, I would have one as my Busa's Significant Other
laugh.gif
Dude, that's only an hour and a half ride on the busa, go for it  
laugh.gif
Yeah, but it's through Kansas, and their State Troopers have ABSOLUTELY NO SINCE OF HUMOR
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Three things:

1) I'd be darn fun to ride here in Alabama as people would come up and ask 'hey, wuts that'? I could say its an MV Augoosta and they'd just give me that 'what the heck did he just call me' look....

2) Dealerships as rare as gay, black, republicans. No maintenance or source for stuff....

3) Has any of these bikes ever completed a race? From what I have seen they are always on the side of the track with smoke coming from them....

I like CWs take. For that price you could buy 3 600s!

(YH2K @ Jul. 05 2007,10:48) Three things:

1) I'd be darn fun to ride here in Alabama as people would come up and ask 'hey, wuts that'? I could say its an MV Augoosta and they'd just give me that 'what the heck did he just call me' look....

2) Dealerships as rare as gay, black, republicans. No maintenance or source for stuff....

3) Has any of these bikes ever completed a race? From what I have seen they are always on the side of the track with smoke coming from them....

jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

But what would you do with 3 600cc bikes
rock.gif
? If Ya got to ask, you don't want it. Just like me looking at Big Dogs at their Factory, not my kind of bike, expecially at a starting price of $36,000  
wow.gif
. But then, they only sell 5,000 + units a year to someone  
wink.gif
. Making the Owners at Big Dog go home with a  
biggrin.gif
on their face.

So, just how many 600cc bikes could these owners have now
laugh.gif

Ya just got to keep your dreams in perspective  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,10:41)

But what would you do with 3 600cc bikes
rock.gif
? If Ya got to ask, you don't want it. Just like me looking at Big Dogs at their Factory, not my kind of bike, expecially at a starting price of $36,000  
wow.gif
. But then, they only sell 5,000 + units a year to someone  
wink.gif
. Making the Owners at Big Dog go home with a  
biggrin.gif
on their face.

So, just how many 600cc bikes could these owners have now
laugh.gif

Ya just got to keep your dreams in perspective  
beerchug.gif
maybe you need to "keep your dreams in perspective" but for the vast majority of folks here?...our wallets and basic walk'in 'round sense force us to leave dreamland behind and deal with "reality".....life on lifes terms..meanwhile?...if ya asked me whad i'd do with 3 600's?...

I'd sell one ta cash up and finance building the other two 600's up with a full stable of rubber to go team race CCS while i designed, manufactured and sold upgraded aftermarket race parts forming a race team & accessory inc.

or?...i could blow it all on an f4 and get to tell everybody...

"Hey! Look What I Got!"
biggrin.gif

screwed.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Back