~Power~Power~Power~

Nekosohana

Registered
OK, I know a few of you (read: most) upgraded like I did to the Busa.

Before I start, it's a slow day at work, and I was just feeling chatty so I thought I would post something.

But for a long time I had a VTX1800 which I loved.  It was a great bike.  I don't know exactly how or why I was sold on the Busa, but one day I guess i saw one in the dealership and really liked what I had heard, plus the styling of it.  As a Hyper Sport bike, it was fast, pretty (to me), and was capable of the one thing I wanted a cruiser for in the first place... distance.  It's a perfect bike for what I needed.

So I have been considering becoming an MSF instructor for a while now, and it's on again off again as to wether I want to do it or not.  But I remembered that the VTX board has a fair amount of instructors on there so I went to visit...

And of course I come across the first post on the board "Should I buy the 1300 or the 1800?"  I read into this post and I almost couldn't contain myself from laughing.  Again loving the hell out of my bike, I thought it was the best in the world (as I do now), but I would never bash someone elses.  The 18'ers are knocking the 13's power and the 13'ers are knocking the 18's weight.  The ironic thing is that they were all talking the same numebers... horsepower.  How the VTX puts out 105 according to the specs, but the 1300 only pus out like 60.

Now everybody has different needs, I know this, and I didn't come here to bash the "X".  What I wanted to ask was, when we are riding something do we actually become blind to the other options out there?  Can they (they being me at one point) really think that they can beat us in a straight race?  I remember one of my turning times in the decision making process was racing a GSXR1000 with my VTX.  I held through about 2nd gear and it was all over.

So for fun, I would ask this.  If you had to own another bike.  And couldn't own two.  What would it be?  I honestly think I would go back to my VTX1800 as my primary bike.

What about you?

(Red05 @ Jul. 03 2007,17:57) It would be a Yamaha FZ1. Awesome bike.
FZ1 is a great bike,but I traded it for the busa.

Have 2 bikes VTX1300C AND 06 BUSA.......if I had to pick between the 2,the VTX is gone.There is no v twin on the planet that I would have over the busa.Regardless how comfortable it is.What I would really like for a 2nd bike is the FJR.Not really a v twin guy,I love the 4 cylinder bike.

If I couldn't have a 'busa, I'd go for something completely different.  Let's see...how 'boutz the Benelli Cafe Racer...

Or...I'd just have someone custom make the body panels from the '86 Concept Bike: Suzuki Nuda.  Secretly, I was hoping Suzuki would use this as the platform for the '08 'busa.  Hm.  Maybe next time...

Suzuki_Nuda.jpg

I would probly give a full fairing Benelli a try. They are some kickass looking bikes. You have to see one in person to understand.

Tough call... I can't think of anything I'd rather have for what I do. R1, gsxr1k, fjr1300, maybe a zx14.

If the cost of ownership and maintainence wasn't an issue maybe a ducati or aprilia.

I fell for the looks of the Busa... but at first didn't want anything to do with it BECAUSE of the power. So I went and sat on several different bikes at the shop. Being as big as I am though... not many of them actually felt comfortable.

I came from owning standards.. but LOVED the way a sport bike felt in the twisties (it's what drives us right?) so I wanted a switch.

So I sat on the Busa and fell head over heels in love. It felt comfy, it FIT and since than I have realized that it can hold it's own in the twisties. The power's there and makes me smile when I pin it back... but it's not the main reason I purchased it.

If I had to choose another... it'd take a good long while as I'm pretty taken with the Busa.

Back