Assen 2007.....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
Hi Guys and Gals,

Well we both did it, my brother in law, Ian and my old mate Puggy rode to Assen for the GP. Left Bristol at 9.30 am rode up the M4 to London, then down the M25 to Gatwick, stopped for more fuel, then on to Dover. this was 185 miles in total, 35 minutes on the channel tunnel crossing and then you are in Frogland. Had a nice run up the coast until we hit Antwerpen, this was a busy place and it cost us an hour as it is a big freeway intersection for Europe, trucks for miles. The rest of the trip was fine, and we arrived at the Hotel at 8.30pm.
No problem parking at the Hotel
biggrin.gif

parking.jpg

We where all up early Saturday morning with a little bit of a hangover, nice sunny day, Rossi must have been happy.

assen11.jpg

The Moto GP race was fantasic, you do not get the sence of speed from the TV, we where in the stands at the énd of the main straight, braking from 190, then just dropping it into the right hander at about the ton, plus you have the noise of race engines and the fans.

assen11.jpg

In response to your first three shots: Perhaps holding the camera still while taking the photo would increase the potential for a quality shot!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

.............................Just clowning!

That track is fast and was fun to watch on the boob tube!

beerchug.gif

Hope you have all seen the race, Rossi is "the doctor", Stoner and Hayden where the only ones near him
biggrin.gif

After the race it was time to try and fine our bikes  
rock.gif

assen5.jpg

The ride out of Assen was fun, all the locals group together at road juntions and ask you to rev the bike, so there are burnout at each set of traffic lights, guys bouncing it off the rev limiter. The Dutch are completly mad. Back at the hotel, a guy asked if this is my Busa, and went on to tell me that the Dutch transport boss wanted Busa's banned from Holand because the are too fact, not many Busa's in Holand as the insurance is expensive, this guy must be rich
tounge.gif

assen10.jpg

The ride home on Sunday was wet, many thanks Suzuki for my Busa what a shid hot bike, and to Pirelli for my Corsa III, great tyre in the wet, hope you guys enjoyed this little story
beerchug.gif

Lamb busa on Jul. 03 2007,00:23
In response to your first three shots:  Perhaps holding the camera still while taking the photo would increase the potential for a quality shot![/Quote]

is this better
biggrin.gif

bum2.jpg

What a great adventure!

I'd love to do that sometime.

Thanks for the write-up.

Back