Want to go single sided!

05BusaLe

Too much time to kill and money to spend
Donating Member
Registered
I have been looking to go to a single sided swing arm and since my ride yesterday with those MV's I really feel the ned to start looking at my options! I have found on line that a 1991 VFR 750 Single Sided swingarm fits (don't know of what mods are needed if any) Also heard that an arm from a Duc fits? Also found RAM makes one for the Busa. My goal is to not only get the SS swing arm but also get a set of BST carbon wheels (they make them for the RAM arm) Does any one know if they make it for the VFR or DUC arms?

sssarmbusa.jpg

(rubber2burn @ Jul. 01 2007,13:18) I would not do bro stay with your current swing arm
Now, why would you say that?
rock.gif

I have seen this arm on many Hayabusa's. As long as he is staying in the N/A category and is under 300, he should be fine!

I do have a 60 shot of NOS on the bike now and over the winter I will be adding a super charger (gotta get it with out the wife finding out) Do you think it is as strong as the stocker?

I have been thinking about doing it also.
Was actually on my list to do last winter, but never got around to it.

The whole point of the stock busa swingarm and others with double bracing is to handle exceeded torque numbers.

The inherent problem (and worries) with one sided swing arms is that if you launch and torque is beyond what the arm can handle you will find yourself with a rear tire that will try to bend or get totally out of shape. And the extremes of that can go in any directions depending on many variables,,, probably something you don't want to experience.

You're talking about a supercharger (probably from TTS I am guessing), so I don't know what numbers you will exceed.

You might want to run this same question by Frank's crew over on Ask others more experienced that have mounted them. I have never had that privilege.

Loads of money! Have fun! Keep us up on your build, especially with the S/C. I, personally would like to see that!
super.gif

You know what i think? .....................It doesn't matter.

If this is what you want, then go for it!! I think this will be a kickass mod. Keep us informed on how this mod performs. Just like anything, keep an eye on the part for stress cracks and what not. The part looks beefy enough to handle things. I myself would be conservative with the power put to the rear wheel.

(Cookie @ Jul. 01 2007,14:19) The whole point of the stock busa swingarm and others with double bracing is to handle exceeded torque numbers.

The inherent problem (and worries) with one sided swing arms is that if you launch and torque is beyond what the arm can handle you will find yourself with a rear tire that will try to bend or get totally out of shape. And the extremes of that can go in any directions depending on many variables,,, probably something you don't want to experience.

You're talking about a supercharger (probably from TTS I am guessing), so I don't know what numbers you will exceed.

You might want to run this same question by Frank's crew over on Ask others more experienced that have mounted them. I have never had that privilege.

Loads of money! Have fun! Keep us up on your build, especially with the S/C. I, personally would like to see that!  
super.gif
That is my point Sir if you are looking at increasing HP and Torque you will want to stay with the Stock swing arm or an Braced extend swing arm because they are made to handle large HP and Torque. That is why I said what I did. Now if you are looking for something that is just for show and you don't plan on doing any drag racing then go ahead and buy single side swing arm.
super.gif

super.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 01 2007,17:03) I do have a 60 shot of NOS on the bike now and over the winter I will be adding a super charger (gotta get it with out the wife finding out) Do you think it is as strong as the stocker?
like she won't come on here and look
laugh.gif

(rubber2burn @ Jul. 01 2007,18:29)
(Cookie @ Jul. 01 2007,14:19) The whole point of the stock busa swingarm and others with double bracing is to handle exceeded torque numbers.

super.gif
That is my point Sir if you are looking at increasing HP and Torque you will want to stay with the Stock swing arm or an Braced extend swing arm because they are made to handle large HP and Torque.  That is why I said what I did.  Now if you are looking for something that is just for show and you don't plan on doing any drag racing then go ahead and buy  single side swing arm.
super.gif
I will race it but won't race it for a living! I will be checking with the mfg for any data they may have on it.

Keep the info comming, Thanks!

super.gif

(proud dad @ Jul. 01 2007,18:46)
(05BusaLe @ Jul. 01 2007,17:03) I do have a 60 shot of NOS on the bike now and over the winter I will be adding a super charger (gotta get it with out the wife finding out) Do you think it is as strong as the stocker?
like she won't come on here and look
laugh.gif
She did, while I was cleaning my truck
pissed.gif

(Willie G @ Jul. 01 2007,20:04)
SHOCKED.gif
  That's about $5,500 of PURE SEX!!!!  
SHOCKED.gif

So much for that new bike.....  
super.gif
I can get that for free, however the single sided arm just looks good
wink.gif